Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm a n00b on here, but have some very slow progress with an ooooold, oooold bike that I got for my first bike. Good points were cheap insurance, cheap buy cost, cheap parts, and cheap to run!

Bad points: OLD. Old and broken, but still reliable as hell. This bike has been stolen twice and recovered twice... in ONE WEEK! This ended up leading me to have to buy a new ignition barrel, battery, and of course, respraying it due to needing some catharsis after someone kidnapped and raped my baby.

So, i'll see if i can dig out some original pictures of her, and then work my way through start to present of this very slow, very cheap build. :)

I call it Project Batbike because I'm Batman-obsessed, and decided after recovering it to transform it bit by bit into a Batbike! :D

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
lets see some pictures.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics:

detailing my respray job, which I did with just a few cans of grey primer, and a few of matte black.

The paintjob actually looked alright for a £45 job, until i accidentally got fuel all over the tank whilst re-filling it for the first time. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally, once it had been put back together, this is what it looked like.

A massive improvement on the red Honda colour that i've always disliked, but still relatively stock as I was new to 'bikes at the time.

However, now that I'm a bit older (2 years older) and know more about bikes... not to mention the fact I'm now a semi-skilled welder (certified), I'm keen to take on more advanced parts of the project.

So, first mission is to get rid of the exhaust, which my brother today said "looks like a whale cock."

I set about sourcing an exhaust that would rid me of the problem of having two downpipes into an end can, which meant sourcing some Africa Twin pipes and collector.

That arrived ages ago, but I wanted to make sure I had a sweet can to go with it. I managed to get a CF micron can that was chopped down after being cracked, for £30, posted.

Last week, the can arrived. So I ordered a carefully measured (but not carefully thought out...) link pipe/reducer sleeve to fit the two together.

Second mission, once I've got the exhaust on in a couple of days, is to see about getting a CBR600 f2 top triple/top yoke to replace the horrendous one I'm currently stuck with, stock.

That will mean I can FINALLY get rid of the horrible handlebars!

More to come. =)
More pics to follow. :)

Attachments

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I guess the exhaust is a little "dickish" You should be able to chop it up and make something of it though.
I may be missing something but is there a reason why you can't just slap some 41mm clipons on that thing? Or go the dirty-bar route.
Awesome base bike to start with though.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Well...welcome to CF Mr. Roo! Old bikes are awesome! I call them 'vintage'....;) Great project!

Reactions: Mr Roo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the exhaust is a little "dickish" You should be able to chop it up and make something of it though.
I may be missing something but is there a reason why you can't just slap some 41mm clipons on that thing? Or go the dirty-bar route.
Awesome base bike to start with though.
The exhaust also blows, pops, whirls and sounds bad in general. However, the new one has a nice, meaty growl. :) Pics to follow!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got the new exhaust on! After waaaaay too much hard work! Hah. Had to heat the collector box to expand it and get the link pipe on, had to heat the exhaust slip-on pipe to fit the link pipe, and also had to remove one of the pipes from the collector box and bolt it to the engine before slipping the other pipe plus collector onto it. Also had to order a new link pipe with a 45deg bend in it, as the original one left NO space for my hanger/footrest.

However, here goes:

The africa twin downpipes + collector were bought and fitted because the Revere has a bit of a c*ntish exhaust system, and they were the only ones I *knew* would fit, and allow me a single-exit downpipe, without too much cost.

The can was just a simple, cheap CF job I found on fleabay.

The link pipe was from a company in England, who posted next-day (twice!!).

There's still a wee bit of work needed to get the can to sit perfectly, and the brake to sit in there properly...

The brake pedal will need to be bent into a horseshoe so that the collector doesn't obstruct it (have currently bent it up at the same angle so I can use it), and the link pipe will have to be knocked further into the collector box and further into the can, by about 10-15mm. No reason other than peace of mind, really!

TL;DR - NEW EXHAUST, BITCHES!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Single sided shaftdrive motor, same family as the Transalp and VT family tacing it's lineage back to the VT500 shaftdrive. Bros motor is essentially the same with chaindrive. The motors can be taken out to around 900cc. Apparently the Honda PC800 pacific coast cylinders drop straight on and can be bored up. Again the Africa twin 750 motor is the same family. The crank is identical the the Transalp, several years ago I rebuilt a Transalp motor for someone using an NTV600 Revere crankshaft in it.
May years ago the Japs had a domestic race series for the 650 Bros, the motors got tuned to fuck, RVF400 USD front ends slotted in, RVF rear wheel, and some 250 race fairings, very quick little bikes when played with.

I despatched on an NTV 600 for a while, good solid motors, but the motors are fucking heavy for what they are.

Reactions: Mr Roo

·
Registered
306 Posts
These bikes just go on forever, but you're right about the weight of these things. I've had mine over 7 year now and I just cant part with it. Obviously its had surgery over the years but that's life and I wouldn't be on here if it hadn't 😂. This is my modified revere..
20200520_205317.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts