Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Project Cursed

12K views 73 replies 27 participants last post by  Cursed 
#1 ·
Bandit 600 Project Cursed

Somewhat of a love hate relationship with this steed of mine... I love it, it hates me.. Had a couple of minor accidents, also had it nearly throw me off at speed when a car cut me up on the motorway and most recently it threw a chain through my front sprocket cover :doh:

But i love this bike, best thing i've ever done is buy it and so no matter how much it hates me i just have to let it off!

Sooo.... The stage i'm at now..

This is essentially how i bought the bike..

I have since severely stubbied that can and i have a vapor speedo on it, the plan is to strip it down, re-spray, ideally i would like to have a new front and rear end but money and time restricts me (and this is my only transport, so it cant be off the road for too long!

Today i purchased these lights..

they are going to be mounted under and over styleee just like they are presented on the box..

Some designs and plans and ideas and such to follow :knucks:

See less See more
Reactions: shotgun
#2 ·
Going to be mocking up the lighting bracket form cardboard when it's dry (hopefully tomorrow) then i may be making a swift start on the bracket (or passing the template over to my housemates who are studying automotive engineering and can probably get one made up in no time for me down at the workshops)

Reactions: ROBBO
#3 ·
Ok.... Small messy progress..

Headlight off.. loom cabled tied out of the way for the time being

Template has been measured out and mocked up..

Which leaves me with this nice pile of bits..

and now that leave my bike sitting like this..

and just to show you what sort of house i'm living in, and what my housemates are like.. at the end of our driveway was my housemate with his head in his engine at the same time i'm taking might light all apart...

#4 ·
Right, I have been offered 2003 R1 rear body parts, with lights, seats and undertray (no subframe) for £100, i'm very very tempted.. but i dont know if i can make it work with the stock bandit subframe... Anyone got any idea how workable that idea is?

#6 ·
Cheers mate :)

I've managed to secure one of my dads spare GSXR 1100 tanks for the project, not sure what condition it's in or if it'll get used just yet, but i'm definitely going to try and use it!

Current list of parts i have and might use..

New Headlights
GSXR 1100 Tank
Possibly soon 2003 R1 Rear End

Frustratingly for me i have a source for all sorts of bits like USD forks, billet bits and pieces, bandit 12 swing all sorts like that, but i cant afford to just go and buy bits like that!

#7 ·
iv seen them tails work i think a dude on sf-mcc had one looked cool.... i think there was one in sf mag as well a few month ago.... i know lawnmowerman is selling a nc30 rear end and a metmachex rear end he can be found in the social group my mate send him a PM :D

#9 ·
I know of a few that would sort you out :thumbsup:

Sent lawnmowerman a PM now :rock:

Those R1 rears, do you know if they can be used on the bandit subby, if so, what about the seat clips and stuff... oh i'm so not full of clever ideas :doh:

#11 ·
Well he's mighty pissed off atm anyway, some fucker reversed into him in a car park and didnt stop last night!

#12 ·
well you would have to make your own subby but if you try these guys, they are called unatec they do bolt on units they done an R1 unit for a bandit, give them a ring on 01903 50 10 60 an let me know how much they charge

#13 ·
kk cheers for the number, will report back :thumbsup:

#14 ·
Right well i've got one of the new lights on with a really shitty temporary bracket until i have some good ideas and change it, re-housed the wiring loom to under the tank, all the cabling needs tidying up still though.

Major problem atm... My Datatool alarm decided to die on me which has kicked the immobiliser in so i cant start the bike... fun fun fun

#16 ·
Good ol' paper clip trick has just bypassed the alarm.. makes you worry about how easy it would be steal the bloody thing though!

#18 ·
Quick photochop.. (Not my bandit, just a generic bandit pic).. I've shoved on the 2003 R1 subby and the GSXR 1100 tank i have (well a pic from the model of gsxr it was taken off of)

What do you all think?

Also in terms of paint, i've been thinking all black but recently i had a little idea (after looking at lots of other bikes).. What about black frame and olive green (like miltary green) tank, panels etc..

#19 ·
Rather nice looking. But it kind of gives me a feeling that that it has been done before too many times(tail part).... Tank is nice makes bike more fluent looking. i would try to get that fluent shapes to follow whole bike from front to back

and about paint. military green is very classy but i think you should put some decals or something that pops out and catch your eye. Maybe too early stage to think paint but that what i would recommend

#20 ·
Yea it is a touch early to think about paint, however... thinking about the finished item is what keeps the motivation up :)

I only chopped in that tail because i've been offered one.. hmm, i instantly thought the same thing when i chopped it in though, done so many times before.. looks kind of overly familiar.. Any suggestions?

#21 ·
how about ducati streetfighter tail... I haven't seen it in any build yet but it might be little hard to find....

#22 ·
Plans! Ok You might have noticed i've posted absoloutely nothing, well there's been more important things going on, and a lack of time and i've been out getting very very drunk soooo no progress, however....

Here are some quick design things i've done this morning..

GSXR1100 Tank, Flat tracker seat, MX number board style set up with flush mounted lights.. Yada Yada Yada...

(I'm no artist, so i'm quite proud of my side view pic :knucks: )

Reactions: gsf1200R
#38 ·
Plans! Ok You might have noticed i've posted absoloutely nothing, well there's been more important things going on, and a lack of time and i've been out getting very very drunk soooo no progress, however....

Here are some quick design things i've done this morning..

GSXR1100 Tank, Flat tracker seat, MX number board style set up with flush mounted lights.. Yada Yada Yada...

(I'm no artist, so i'm quite proud of my side view pic :knucks: )

eye balling the dimensions that frontie looks like its going to be a 14 in rim is this what your after? a 14 in front rim... just messin with you broseph i do hope the 1100 tank works out cuz ill steal the idea and put that shite on me B12 haha just kidding i would never steal anyones thunder evr..

#25 ·
Cheers pal, that is nice, dropped you some rep and i've stuck it on my watch list for now :thumbsup:

#28 ·
Got a couple off 55w driving lights anyway :)

#29 ·
Good lighting is important for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.