Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fighter Fanatic
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. I am about to start my streetfighter project on my 87' CBR600f1 Hurricane and apart from breaking it down and cleaning every square inch I have no idea what i am doing lol. If anyone has done a project and more or less cataloged it on here in the forum would you pop a link in so i can try to find a little inspiration. I am just itching to get started but i dont want to fuck up my bike in the process because of something stupid. (Pics are in my album havent figured out how to post them with my thread yet still a noob)

·
I Piss Excellence.
1,828 Posts
First off, try this for posting pics: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6897

Next, post some pics so that we have an idea of what you're working with.

Then, Do some Work. Even without seeing it I would say strip it of its bodywork and like you said clean every square inch of it. Doing so will give you a much better idea of exactly what you are working with, what goes where, and so on.

Don't be too worried about doing irreversible damage. Stay away from the wiring harness and the frame with a grinder (until you know what you're doing) and you should be fine. If you can take it off you can put it back on, with very few exceptions.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
What I would suggest is looking at your bike as a whole and see what stands out in a bad way. take that one thing and change it to your liking. then, step back and look at your bike as a whole again. Find the next thing and work on it. Before you know it there may come a day where you look at your bike as a whole and want to change nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts