Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,256 Posts
holy shit you've been busy.

love the build, and i do love me some FZR's. i expect your build to mimic lrc131's quite closely style wise by the looks of it.

·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His bike looks great, but I think the end results will be somewhat different aesthetically speaking, and possibly performance wise.

In this build I am taking every effort to maintain stock wheelbase, lose weight off the bike and promote pure badassery.

So far I have a stroked FZR/YZF600 hybrid bored to 683cc. Went witht he R6 subframe due to it being 4lbs and the stock on was 18.5lbs. I am going to carry this mentality through out the whole build and hopefully will have a 360 or less lb bike by the end of it all.

His 600 is no doubt bad ass. I hope to be done fairly soon. I hate working on the bike when it's riding weather lol.

I also made sure to use the shortest swingarm I could find as not to mess up the wheel base. I measured and my wheel base is up by 3/4" . When I throw the GSXR front end on there I think it will shorten slightly more. I was trying to preserve the 400s excellent handling.

Anyways would love to hear your guys thoughts.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,256 Posts
His bike looks great, but I think the end results will be somewhat different aesthetically speaking, and possibly performance wise.

In this build I am taking every effort to maintain stock wheelbase, lose weight off the bike and promote pure badassery.

So far I have a stroked FZR/YZF600 hybrid bored to 683cc. Went witht he R6 subframe due to it being 4lbs and the stock on was 18.5lbs. I am going to carry this mentality through out the whole build and hopefully will have a 360 or less lb bike by the end of it all.

His 600 is no doubt bad ass. I hope to be done fairly soon. I hate working on the bike when it's riding weather lol.

I also made sure to use the shortest swingarm I could find as not to mess up the wheel base. I measured and my wheel base is up by 3/4" . When I throw the GSXR front end on there I think it will shorten slightly more. I was trying to preserve the 400s excellent handling.

Anyways would love to hear your guys thoughts.
sounds like you thought it all the way thru

·
98 Posts
dam man . you doing work

·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wasn't able to decide which headlights I wanted. I was stuck between dual dominators or the MT-03 headlight. Ended up going for the dominators at less than half the price of the MT-03 headlight I figure if I don't like them I'll sell them and get the other one.

Still waiting on my god damn head bearings though.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
nice stuff mate! Howd tha tank sealer stuff work out?

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
I think I am about the only one in all of China that appreciates a good FZR.

Everyone thinks I am nuts but when you see what can be done such as on this project you can see why they are such a fun bike.

I agree the handling is a big issue. It handles so well stock its hard to move away from the orginal wheel base.

683?? Thats a big engine for this frame. Should really have a lot of grunt with this set up.

I got a 637 with via a big bore kit... what would I get if I stroked mine? Yikes!

Great job man I look forward to the paint job.

Only complaint is maybe the exhaust can. Does not do the bike justice.

·
Banned
2 Posts
love the build, and i do love me some FZR's. i expect your build to mimic lrc131's quite closely style wise by the looks of it. we're going to need a FZR buildoff category soon. maybe its just me, or the picture, but it looks like the chain alignment is still slightly off... Wasn't able to decide which headlights I wanted. I was stuck between dual dominators or the MT-03 headlight. Ended up going for the dominators at less than half the price of the MT-03 headlight I figure if I don't like them I'll sell them and get the other one.

·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I am about the only one in all of China that appreciates a good FZR.

Everyone thinks I am nuts but when you see what can be done such as on this project you can see why they are such a fun bike.

I agree the handling is a big issue. It handles so well stock its hard to move away from the orginal wheel base.

683?? Thats a big engine for this frame. Should really have a lot of grunt with this set up.

I got a 637 with via a big bore kit... what would I get if I stroked mine? Yikes!

Great job man I look forward to the paint job.

Only complaint is maybe the exhaust can. Does not do the bike justice.
How much power does a big bore yzf600 motor make? I am starting to think that would probably be more my style of a ride. The YZF600 redlines at about 14,000 RPM. This bike does so at 12,000. It has tons of torque is fun to ride, but I really miss my redlining much higher than I do now.

Anyways whats with all these bot posts lately?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts