Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
8 Posts
Totally love your bike. I am going to get around to fightering mine sometime soon. Money always being the issue. But I just got it going after having it parked for a few years. After I get the headlight and LSL bar conversion going, I might do an R6 tail just like yours. I was just going to keep the 400rr tail unit, but that R6 came out so well and it is so sick. What are you running for a gauge setup? I have a YZF600r motor in my 1WG too.

·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Totally love your bike. I am going to get around to fightering mine sometime soon. Money always being the issue. But I just got it going after having it parked for a few years. After I get the headlight and LSL bar conversion going, I might do an R6 tail just like yours. I was just going to keep the 400rr tail unit, but that R6 came out so well and it is so sick. What are you running for a gauge setup? I have a YZF600r motor in my 1WG too.
I am actually I really big fan of your 1WG. I spent many a time looking over your pictures. It really does look good. I am running 2000 R1 Gauges... It's pretty good because the red lines is where the FZR one is... Only problem is the idiot who drilled the block didn't put the hole in the right spot and in second gear the speedo reads 0.... since it can't see second gear. One day I'll get to welding the hole up and re-drilling.

If you have any questions about the tail swap I don't mind sharing anything from my experience. But I think it's pretty clear from most of the pics.

I really like your bike, man.
Thanks bro, much appreciated.

Been doing house renos... sucking up all my time. I just need like 1 weekend to work on this bitch to get it rideable... Just no time.

·
8 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on my bike. I use to be really active on the FZR archives a while back. I just dropped off when other things in life started taking up so much time. The bike is really fun. Back when I was first building it, there was very little info on what worked and what did not. I was the first one to get a FZR400rr swingarm to work, which seemed to have triggered others to try other swing arms too. The FZR400 world has really taken off. It is one of the most mod heavy bike communities out there.

Over the last week I just did a ton of work on it too. Just made a new wiring loom. It was easier and cheaper to build another than to chase a short issue. Then rebuilt the carbs which included changing all the O rings and new needles and seats. Then made a new tank, which involved dremelling the fuel level sensor in there for the YZF600r. It runs like a champ now, but I am thinking of putting some shorter dogbones on there from this site raising links Vstrom Still not sure which exact length I want to go to though.

But seriously, totally dig that tail conversion. I am not sure if I would go with an R1 gauge setup. Kinda leery about drilling the cases to do that one. I am worried I would bugger it up like the other guy did.

Also if you were looking at my bike for inspiration, is that from this site or from somewhere else? Just curious.

Thanks
Noah

·
8 Posts
Also just wanted to bounce an idea off your head. The first generation of Fox racing shocks for the FZR had a much shorter steel braided line to the reservoir. They use to mount the reservoir either to the main tube of the subframe or the smaller cross tube of the frame just in front of it. It makes it harder to get to the adjusting parts, but for a streetbike, you kinda set it and ride. You might be able to get yours mounted there and then you won't have it changing the lines of the tail. Then you could move your reservoir to somewhere near the radiator. Then voila, clean tail... :D

41 - 46 of 46 Posts