Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Winter I will be building a bike in the buildoff with LOTS of help from Adam lol.

This will be a very unique project, and one with MANY obstacles...

The donor bike:

a 1972 Honda CL350
Here's a picture on one to give you an idea:

Not too pretty... and the one we're using is in pretty rough shape too.

The plan is to complete the build for as little money as possible, creativity and ingenuity will truly complete the project, not money.

The style concept:
I want to blend many styles together:
The most dominant style will most likely be cafe racer, but I want to incorporate several styling elements from bobbers, old school choppers, and modern day streetfighters.

No, it will not be fast at all, and that's not the point of this bike at all. It's eventually duty, will be cruising with my girlfriend on nice sunny days. No track days, stunting or Ghostrider like antics here :LolLolLolLol:

I will of course, detail EVERY step of the build with tons of pictures, and maybe some videos too.

It's gonna be a rough project, but it should be fun, and a good learning experience too :metal:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
fucking rights miller:metal:
i cant wait to see what you do with it
how's the dirty bike commin along ?????? last i heard you were gettin into drifting it :rock:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fucking rights miller:metal:
i cant wait to see what you do with it
how's the dirty bike commin along ?????? last i heard you were gettin into drifting it :rock:
Funny you should ask... Adam bought it last night :LolLolLolLol:

I've been too busy with the site and work to ride it much. I have NO trails around here, and there's only so much you can terrorize my neighborhood before the neighbors start getting pissed hahaha.

The CL350 IS a dual-sport, so I may make go in the whole adventure fighter direction, to keep at least light trail riding a possibility.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
well that the end of that dirtbike:(it was very nice:(........:D

yaa ive been meaning to ask you about that thing for a while,im looking at beating up my younger brother and stealing his cr80

so have you got and plans for the cl that you can let slip:D or do we have to wait

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
in the build off this winter make a streetfighter build off and a cafe build off. ill pitch in my triumph for the cafe

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
in the build off this winter make a streetfighter build off and a cafe build off. ill pitch in my triumph for the cafe
Sounds like a plan, I'll throw the 68 cb 350 in the mix.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i still have the cb350f, if ya'll are serious about a cafe build off. gotta get it done anyway so i can tear the XS back down for the winter.

curious to see what that CL is gonna look like. pretty cool lil bikes as they are, but a new look is always fun.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
make a vote for a split build off this year. i know the sponsors have not much to gain from this but td be neat.

·
GURU
445 Posts
Cl's are sick. There is one with 50 miles on it down at my local honda dealer. It's still brand new. I would love to cafe one of those.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
do a flat tracker out of it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i cant wait to get this thing built up..im sick of looking at its tired stripped ass sittin there. haha.

oh and a cafe buildoff sounds like a good idea if you guys want one!!!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i'm down. i just bought 2 floats off ebay for next to nothing, so my 350 should be running at least.... i hope.

·
41 Posts
I had one of those old cl360's with the scrambler pipes up the side, it was my first street bike. It was fun, kind of wish I still had it to cafe out, but as I recall I was ALWAYS fiddling with the ignition points on that thing.

·
FUTURE GURU
1,265 Posts
It will be awesome to see what you do with it, I like your idea of incorporating the old school chopper and bobber withe the cafe streetfighter look, thats where nalot of my bike building background is from.....here are a couple I did a while back..

Motorcycle Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Fuel tank

Motorcycle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
pepper, them thurrs some nice bikes! i dig that triumph in the first pic, alot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts