Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well.... It's been a while since I posted.....

but, thought it time to get my latest project on here.......

Last year I sorta finished my Gixxer (ahum... read as.. it's usable.. so too busy using it to fiddle) and decided I gotta build me another fighter...

.... I decided I wanted to take the parts of my gixxer I really like and expand on them.. but that (and the fact that Black had no room in this project) was as close as i got to planning.....

my first consideration was what sorta fighter I wanted to build and all I could come up with was bigger and better than the last one (i'm not overly imaginative) and as I not overly mechanical (either) I went for a base/donor bike that I'm familliar with....

so bought me (another) 900RR

To me..... this was the ideal base.....

my only plan was to junk all the plastics and make me a beast, and was mulling over fitting a SSSA that I bought just before.. but no definate plan other than an Image in my mind that hadn't quite been fully formed, but good enoph for me... anyway within minites of getting her home (well next morning)I junked the plastics and a load of bits I knew had no place in my image. then started Wingin IT

then I decided I needed a tailpeice....
and junked the subframe

and with no idea what to fit, i stumbled around Ebay untill falling over a duke 999tail which I thought could work...

and then bought a welder so I could either burn the house down or fabricate a subframe...
luckily (for me) the house still stands

Although at this point I sudenly realised I hadn't bothered to think about fitting a seat and notice it might be a bit tight :oops: but it wasnt........

anyway still with thought of the SSSA I puzzled on my next move...... a plan was suddenly looking like it would have been a good idea

then the view from the rear made my next move inevitable
there was no way i could live with that skinny 180

I then spent a week looking at jackshafts and
A)because i couldn't find one i thought would be suitable and work with my image
&
B) I'm to tight to splash out for a custum made one on a whim
I decided to pilfer ideas from them crazy germans at FightMachines....
I figured they'd done it.. so even with my lack of skills I could (sound thinking in my book... altho i missed the chapter reminding me I had a lack of experience in these things)
then I agonized over spending aload of cash on a custom wheel.....

cutting it short... I ordered one and found I then had little to do as it all now hinged on me getting the SSSA and rear wheel to work.....

so to keep me amused I jumped way ahead and got painting

then with thougts of my new rear tire I added some graphics

then things started to slow...... and aint really sped up much since (crappy british weather, work, and my total inabilitie to get my arse in gear some days all conspired against me*)

except for my wheel arriving.........

not much has changed........

The weathers still crap (infact it hammering it down today) but I'm pleased with my progress so far (not necessaraly original but it apeals to me)

now I'm puzzling over exhausts while i hide inside away from the cold wet stuff :D

* well... thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
spec's on the wheel please? and also the offest of the spacer needed for the arm..... did you ue a 25mm one?

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spec's on the wheel please? and also the offest of the spacer needed for the arm..... did you ue a 25mm one?
wheels a 3 piece billit(incase you couldn't guess buy the ring of bolt)
18x10 (11 if you count the lip)
4x100 PDC
-25 0ffset (this makes the wheel touch the inside of the SSSA... I'm using spacers.. this was done to give me as much error correction as possible... otherwise i would not have been able to adjust to the left)
25 caliper height (this i now know is wrong..... shoulda been 35:oops:)

as for spacer??? I havn't measured It......I'm currently using the same collar as the other side and just using the blade adjustment collar against it... have shaved the frame to get it as far over as possible... but any further trimming will mean chain needs to run through the frame

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
well fawk me.........THATS A NICE BUILD MAN!!!!
I LOVE the orange! My dad did his Jeep almost the exact same orange, and you just never see orange vehicles, LOOKS AWESOME! And I'm diggin the tire decal....

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
wheels a 3 piece billit(incase you couldn't guess buy the ring of bolt)
18x10 (11 if you count the lip)
4x100 PDC
-25 0ffset (this makes the wheel touch the inside of the SSSA... I'm using spacers.. this was done to give me as much error correction as possible... otherwise i would not have been able to adjust to the left)
25 caliper height (this i now know is wrong..... shoulda been 35:oops:)

as for spacer??? I havn't measured It......I'm currently using the same collar as the other side and just using the blade adjustment collar against it... have shaved the frame to get it as far over as possible... but any further trimming will mean chain needs to run through the frame
ah.... so far you havent compensated for then MASSIF wheel..... for some reason i was thinking with proper measurements it was close to a bolt on afair with the wheel. well please do post up as the build progress' i have a spare 900 frame (thanks stunt) that'd make a GREAT show bike.

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well fawk me.........THATS A NICE BUILD MAN!!!!
Nice one. looking good that is.
thanks guys:D

I LOVE the orange! My dad did his Jeep almost the exact same orange, and you just never see orange vehicles, LOOKS AWESOME! And I'm diggin the tire decal....
the day I decided to do it......I kept seeing orange cars(everywhere) and couldn't help thinking it was a cool Colour so tried it as an experiment and loved it... & the tyre track just seemed like a good idea once I saw the new rear:)

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah.... so far you havent compensated for then MASSIF wheel..... for some reason i was thinking with proper measurements it was close to a bolt on afair with the wheel. well please do post up as the build progress' i have a spare 900 frame (thanks stunt) that'd make a GREAT show bike.
na not bolt on... I've remove the frame swingarm spacer/mount on the left ... and trimmed the stock spacer to get swinger as much over as I can... this puts the wheel nearer centre but not central (believe It currently 15mm off)

as luck would have it I got a spare LH spacer collar when I got the SSSA and this is used on the RHside with the blade adjuster collar to act as spacer (have also got the VFR adjusterCollar which is longer if needed)

got a bit more adjusting to do but will always be off centre if I continue whith this set up...

plan to offset front to line the wheels up once the rear mountings finalised

·
zeitgeistmovie.com!!!!!!!
184 Posts
Good to see you on CF!!!

Your bike is coming along VERY nicely:rock:I really like that rim, it goes with the tail a lot better than the 180.

What are your plans for a headlight?

·
Stock is for soup
136 Posts
That looks awesome.. love the rear wheel, and the paintjob!

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah hah, good to see you posting up here man!
Good to see you on CF!!!
yeah I keep lurking.... but figured I should start posting a bit

Looking great so far. Big fan of the tail on there.
it goes with the tail a lot better than the 180.
I loved the lines on the tail and thought it'd look good..... but as I said the 180 looked wrong, made the tail look way to wide....infact the tail was nearly scrapped until I fitted the 280

it now looks, to me, like it shoulda always been like that
:D
That looks awesome.. love the rear wheel, and the paintjob!
Nice to see another SSSA blade. Great progess and keep it going. You have a tough looking wheel on there truly in the Fight machine style.:thumbsup:
thanks guys :D

What are your plans for a headlight?
at moment... I recon i'll be using some big ol' spots again....... but depending what it evolves into..... its all subject to change...

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Where did you get that wheel made btw? I have been looking around and it keep running into walls looking for similarly built wheel, or people that offer that build.

·
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where did you get that wheel made btw? I have been looking around and it keep running into walls looking for similarly built wheel, or people that offer that build.
it was from a company called Image here in the UK

>clickylinkythingy<

although they don't normaly get involved with motorcycle wheels, they were very helpful :D

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I think rmd billet will do wheels like that too.

Real neat build you have going here.

Reactions: CK 187

·
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
1,102 Posts
For a really wide choice of wheels mate, why not do a car wheel conversion to your SSSA. PM me and I'll send you a pdf file how to do it.

Regards,

Jon.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
send me that pdf please. :D

1 - 20 of 468 Posts