Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dookie Knot
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around this joint for awhile stealing errrrr, gathering ideas for my beater as it's in the process of transformation. I'm welcome to all ideas/input as some may see better from a different perspective. On with the story.....and pics as I know how you pic junkies get without your fix!!!

I got this shitter from my brother after he low-sided it while riding the Dragon. It sat for a while as he "tried" saving money for rotors/forks/etc. He offered it to me for the low, low price of $1K and I told him that I'd be at the bank the next day getting his money!!! FUCKING SUCKER!!!

I frankensteined the bike back together and flat blacked all of the fairings and rocked it this way for about 1-1.5 years.

Then I got the itch to change it up a lil but really didn't have the money at the time. I got a LSL upper tripple and dirty bar for the long rides that I frequented as my shoulders and back would end up fucking killing me by the end of the ride. I know that totally contradicts what I just said as far as the money situation but this was before I even thought about trying to make some risers/source a bar so I lazily purchased this combination. I got some braided lines with it if that's any consolation??? I stripped the front and side fairings, hacked the front fairing supports off and threw some Advance Auto brand driving lights on the front to keep Johnny Law off my shit! It's not very pretty but the view my seat was pretty good and the intake growled like a mo-fo with the ram air off of it!!!

Don't worry about that broken brake lever....it saves weight!

Holy rotors Batman!!!

I had an oil leak from the VCG which I had been "fixing" with brake clean every time I looked the bike over so I figured I should bite the bullet and change that lil fucker out which necessitated dropping the motor. While I was in there I figured why not change some things up to the way I would like them as in any other undertaken project.

Didn't have a 24mm allen socket for the rear engine mount to the frame so I took a nut/bolt from work and fabbed this lil money-saver up.

VCG fixed.

Cut-off and ground down the factory front fairing bracket and steering stem lock as the ignition switch has been moved. Started cutting the air intake boot mounts off and filling/smoothing for paint...reference above picture for before shot as I'm lazy and didn't really taken awesome step-by-step pics.....suck it!!! :fu:

And the final product...not perfect but again, suck it!!!:fu:

I really wanted to be able to make a rear subframe that was removable so that I was able to ride 2 up with my girl but by the time I moved everything around (rectifier/power commander/misc connectors) to make it work as a bobber which I really wanted in the first place it would have turned out pretty shitty. So I decided to make it strictly a bobber which is going to be tricky as far as keeping it clean and small because of said electronics and not being able to hide them under the seat since that's the bottom portion of my gas tank.

Proposed chop. (Had to extend a lil further for my the rear seat mount as seen below)

Just love these pics...

Teasers without the tank installed.

I've got more to post with pics, I promise, but I've run out of pic space in this post and I'm at my favorite spot (Ham's Brewhouse) so I'm getting a lil schwasted and tired of typing. I'll try for a expedited post but don't count on them thangs...wah wah wahhhhh!

·
CARPE OMNIOUS
155 Posts
nice build so far, this is a bike that will definately be added to my library one day when i can spend the $, pre 2000 though, i dont want that speed limiter =). ill be watchin this one

·
Yarskymator
255 Posts
Seem's something to look again and wait to finish... So hurry up :p

·
Dookie Knot
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice build so far, this is a bike that will definately be added to my library one day when i can spend the $, pre 2000 though, i dont want that speed limiter =). ill be watchin this one
It's an 01 which is speed limited to 195ish (as the speedo read) whereas the 00 is ungoverned. Minor details! I did end up loosing 20MPH with the fairings/ram air taken off and it is one hell of a ride with nothing to tuck down under!!!

I've acquired some Audi/VW headlights projectors through work and had been itching to get a HID setup on the bike. Not having argon at the time or any aluminum I made this assembly out of some 1/8" or 1/4" steel that I had lying around. It's heavier than the cast of the Biggest Loser!!!! The top projector is a H3 bulb if I remember correctly as my low beam. The bottom projector is the HID bulb also as my low beam and high beam. The bottom projector has a solenoid to drop the cut-off shield as seen in the pic. I tried this fucker out in the shop and it's bright as balls!

Don't mind the mounting in these pics....spare microwave paneling for mock-up purposes!

Some other projectors laying around for what or whomever.....

A mock-up of the lights on the bike.

And what I had in mind as far as the final shape of the headlight assembly but trying to get the glass to conform to that shape was beyond my inexperienced glassing hands.

I tried using the above pictured setup so that I could make it in two pieces for bulb changes or whatever else may be required but then got the idea to wrap the assembly in a material resembling something used for glassed subwoofer enclosures and make my own access "holes". Pics to come on the progress of that.

I wrapped my exhaust up with uber tight overlaps as I liked the look of it. It's a Muzzy full exhaust so I really don't wanna hack the piping up until the after the collector so I have to try and figure out how to make a chopped down can that flows with the bike or a side dump that looks really sick.

Finally got a new chain and sprockets. +2 in the rear for a lil more acceleration as this bike was already lacking in that category! I want to add some bracing to this swinger to add a beafier look to match the rest of the bike but I'm really trying to ride this season so that's why it's not painted/powdered yet.
Old on the bike.

New and old.

New on the bike. Loving the gold and black (chain to match).

The light I plan on using as a taillight. It's a third brake light from a VW Beetle. I saw one at work in my buddies bay and thought that it looked about the right size for the tail of the bike.

And pretty much where I'm at now. I've got to acquire some tires which I'm waiting on my Wynn's card through work to show up so that I can purchase them thangs!!! I need to finish the headlight and mount it so I can finish shortening and tucking my wiring. I also need to finish the tail of the bike. I plan on mounting the plate at an angle below the brake light with the ignition rectifier behind/lower than the plate. I've been pretty lazy as I've had a lot of sidework here lately that I've been picking up to pay the bills! I missed riding last season due to complications and it looks to be the same this year for the most part. :(

·
Dookie Knot
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been forever since I've been on the site or had to do any real work on the bike. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics!

I got my chain on and shortened to correct length. I wish that the chain/sprocket matched a little better. Still need tires though and Jake Wilson is out of the front that I want until August which sucks a fatty but in my current condition it doesn't matter (more on that later).

I was trying to find a way to mount my exhaust after running the chain and with the collector of the header being positioned so far rearward (Muzzy one that I don't wanna hack up), I can't run any kind of exhaust under the bike with some sort of muffler/baffle and it looks retarded on the side of the bike with just the front seat. So I've decided to add a tail to the bike so the can will run with the lines of the bike and my girl will be able to ride as well. Guess I'll just have to get another bike to make my bobber, oh well!

Took my stator and clutch covers off and had my buddy Mike shoot 'em for me. They're not a perfect match but I guess I can always rip the motor out again to have him match the valve cover and front sprocket cover next year.

I got some hard brake line from the auto parts store and fabbed up my lil coolant reservoir bottle. Total cost of about $5 thanks to the American Red Cross supplying me with an aluminum bottle as I normally get free T's. I just have to sand everything down and throw some paint on it. Top fitting is skewed....thin,single-walled aluminum!

Got around to laying some fabric down over my headlight assembly and threw some resin down on top of that. It's gonna need a lot of filler and sanding to get it to the shape that I would like. Started trimming the cloth around the glass at work the other day and not thinking anything through this happened.....(yes, I know that the mounting bolts are horribly out of alignment!)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Progress will be slow....slower than usual!!! :LolLolLolLol:

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
HAND LOOKS NASTY! it happens to everyone, now eat some pills and keep going

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
oh i know trust me i have had done some dumb shit and gotten hurt.......repeatedly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts