Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the second project I am working on... it is a 2006 Ninja 650. I sold it to my buddy back in June and he wrecked it about 4 days later. It has sat in his garage like this since then... So I am going to hijack it. He seems to think it would look better with plastic all over it! Any suggestions?

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
booo plastics... got some work ahead, but its be cool dressed up like an ER-6N, might need a front wheel though.... DO it!!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
oooh LUCKY! i got tons of ideas, if money wasnt an a big concern. start with a zx6r or 636 front end.mbe a rear end too, something with a beefier swingarm and bigger rear tire. next get rid of those rearsets/pass pegs. pull those plastic engine covers off. definately get rid of the fairing stay, headlight, mirrors. some dif. bars, a little higher.

its a nice bike, the second i saw one i wanted to modify it.

got a pic of the other side?? wanna see the exhaust too.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... When I owned it, I loved the plastics up until I took them off one day to do some work to it. Then a fighter lover was born. I went out shortly thereafter to get my number 1 project, my Z1000... I don't have a picture of the other side, but it has the Leo Vince full system on it... it sits completely under the center of the bike like the stocker, so it came out unscathed from the wreck... That was a really fun bike though...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
still will be. just gonna take some work.

could it be another fighter buildoff entry??

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love for it to be... But seeing as it isn't my bike, I am not dumping any money into it and my friend never seems to have any... But I'll talk to him about it though. Might be a good way to get him started on it. The build off goes through the end of May right?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
yep. may 26th.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
for some reason and I dont know why I really like the frames on these bikes, the swinger maybe dificault to change, dont they have the shock mounted to one side and kinda on the outside of the frame,
anyhow droping a better front end on the bike would be cool.
I suggest you get the guy to sell it back to you before you start, and tell him you will give him a discount of the price of what pay, with the first option for him to buy the bike back off you when its finished, Just a Idea,

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest I haven't looked at the bike a whole lot with exception of taking the picture tonight... so I don't really remember the whole setup of it. I would like to throw maybe a 636 swing arm on and definately putting the 636 front end on it... Assuming he gives me rights to it...lol. Or I may just do the work for free for my own entertainment.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Strip it to nothing but a frame, swingarm, front end, and seat. Pull it behind a car (with someone riding it) and try to jump something with it.

That'd be free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took the plastics off my blak 06 and was reluctant to reinstall them. I've fallen for her with no skin on... when the funds allow it, I'd like to swap for some minimalistic body work and a new headlight and guage arrangement... I'd love to see how your project turns out. keep us posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts