Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
GIVE THEM THE GOOD NEWS!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been waiting a long time to start this thread. Over the last two months I've been ordering parts for my R1 nicknamed REBEL-1, I didn't want to start the thread too early so that it didn't die out while I was waiting for the parts to be delivered. So here goes, it's my first custom fighter. I originally had a Kawasaki Zed 1000 for my first bike (I know) but had to get rid of that when I went to afghan but I'm back now and I've got an R1, 5PW model that's ready to rock.

The plans so far are as follows:

-jack up the back end (not too harsh just enough to notice)

-fit the new ducati 1199 panigale seat unit with some subtle led brake light and indicators. Preferably integrated.

-fit dirty renthal bars (orange) and dirty renthal risers (black)

-orange rim tape on gloss black rims

-custom head unit, undecided on what exactly yet but I've got something in the pipeline)

-Transfer the 8000K HID xenons that I recently fitted and somehow hide the wiring lol

-cut down the plastics but not too much, I still want the radiator hidden but not exactly sure how I'm going to do this yet (your input would be great)

-fit an exhaust but yet again I have no idea which one yet (basically I want this bike to be very loud but sounding deep and angry. I seriously have no clue when it comes to exhausts or cutting them down or anything really so I'm open to all your suggestions. I've opened an exhaust thread that explains what I'm looking for if you would like to look on there)

I think that's pretty much it. I'm going to be getting a custom spray job with a light gun metal Gray as a base colour orange detailing and a small amount of white thrown in for good measure.

All of your input is much appreciated and I shall add pictures as I go.

HAPPY FIGHTING!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice bike can't wait to see this build

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i think this is the first bike ive seen thats going to use that tail. pretty sweet dude

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yea cuz it's not cheap lol but the lines look like they'll flow good with the tank. What is that a 03 r1?

·
GIVE THEM THE GOOD NEWS!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah mate it's an 03 R1, and no the tail unit wasn't cheap. I got it for £140ish, it will be worth it though. One of the main reasons i got it is because nobody else had done it, gotta be unique eh.

Okay so some major developments today......I sort of......kinda....accidentally ....butchered my subframe with an angle grinder. It all started off when I wanted to fit my orange wheel rim tape, that's all I intended to do at 11am this morning....I left the garage at 7.30PM. After fitting the tape I stripped the back end down to see what my tail unit would look like on the bike, after I had done that I pretty much removed all of the seat tray and its components, then decided to remove the subframe completely and cut it down to try and get the tail unit to fit. Need to try and get it welded tomorrow and hopefully I can start building a electrics tray once it's all together.......pictures attatched.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,671 Posts
Damn, you really have that tail up in the sky. That must be close to 4 feet at the tip. The lowest looks best, but still too high. Although I think tail tastes are different over there.

Nice bike, look forward to the updates.

·
GIVE THEM THE GOOD NEWS!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, you really have that tail up in the sky. That must be close to 4 feet at the tip. The lowest looks best, but still too high. Although I think tail tastes are different over there.

Nice bike, look forward to the updates.
you see i think the middle ground, not too high not too low but enough to make people take a second glance.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
The "low" looks the best and goes with the lines nicely IMO

·
GIVE THEM THE GOOD NEWS!
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So had it welded today, it's by no means anywhere near finished, only just starting really but ill attach a few pictures none the less. No disrespect to anybody but I still went for the medium setting.....don't worry I'm planning on having a lot of cushioning for the nut-crackers. Cheers for all the feedback. Now...does anybody know of any loud angry cans?
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Before the weld
Product Vehicle Automotive lighting Auto part Tire

After the weld
Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Car

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 290 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.