Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some well-needed abuse from other members for trying to trade the 93 gsxr750 in my possession for a fucking 94 zzr250, I've decided to keep the bike and sell off all the surplus parts to fund it (good fucking luck me), and make it a long term project - seeing as I have an excellent daily rider already.

So, here we go.. It's a fucking beautiful bike and comes jetted and with pods and a full Remus Grand Prix exhaust system, the tyres are so new that there's a very small amount of wear on them, the brake pads are pretty damn new though the discs have a fair bit of rust on them from sitting for so long. The sprockets are brand new but she has no chain.

I've stripped it down to frame, engine, wiring loom and clocks, wanted to pull off the subframe too but the bolts are a bit stripped and I'm not too keen to make them worse.

All together

Currently

Excited.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the original old goose, based on an 86 gsxr750.. Aiming for something similar but obviously less ratty and more polished seeing as its not my daily rider (this one was). I've got an 04 gsxr headlight to go on, and will build my own tail once I have a subframe made for it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn that bike is clean great choice on keeping it.

·
Oxymoron, rat rods suck
400 Posts
Does this mean your finally going to stop stalking people on CF and build your own shit :p

And Subscribed.

-Russell

·
Do a skid!
2,821 Posts
Good stuff man, glad yer keeping this..

Let me know how much of those fairings you want to get rid of and when ;)

Also hows that sv going? im working early shifts now so have free afternoons all week to hit up the hills :evilred:

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Minor progress. Wiring loom is out, engine is filthy.. Won't be painting it or the frame, just gonna give them both a good cleaning with a water blaster hahaha. May do some detail work later. Still waiting to get some Allen keys to get the subframe off.

And on a weird note here's a haircut that I did today which I'm super fucking proud of. My job rules.

And finally a sexy as pinup babe.

Saw one of these today. Liked the tail enough to search for one but no luck. Will most likely stick to making my own.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I tried getting the subframe off today. No luck.. Need some WD40 and possibly something far more impressive than the cheap Allen key set I was using. Failing that I'll have to get an ez-out set.. Which I really don't want to have to do.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Double barreled question. Will a tl1000s wheel fit the gsxr, and will a 200 wide fit on the wheel? Just ideas in my head that are making me wonder..

In other news, still waiting for the thermostat. Not really keen to do any more till I get it, and sell the parts.

·
10,893 Posts
i would think yes, and a 200 section tyre will fit the wheel , TL has a 6" rim, spindle size might be a issue tho, your bike will have a 20mm dia spindle ? TL might be 28mm, i'd need to check tho

·
Registered
98 Posts
i used a srad 750 swing in my 89'er fits a busa/TL wheel perfectly and you can use the inside of your stock swingarm bearings to fill it up.
add a spacer of 2 mm on the right and 4mm on the left.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts