Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I told a friend I re-built my daily rider out of 3 scrap bikes, he told me I could have his old junker ninja that he couldn't fix. My daily rider is an 83 honda ascot, so I'm not really used to the stance on these bikes and it hurts my wrists (carpel tunnel problems)

Being that I got the bike for free and it was already pretty rough, I didn't have a problem doing something crazy to it... so here is what I've done so far...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the filters for it yet, so I don't know if they will fit, but the carbs will fit no problem and I'm pretty sure there's room for the pods I want. This should actually make them 10x easier to get out. Which is good because I'm new to bikes and I'm messin with the carbs all the damn time...

heh, never thought you'd see a ninja low rider huh? I think it'd look sweet with the same size tire on the front as the back, but I'll wait till I see how it handles, and till that one wears out.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
ummm, interesting

·
The tiger man
772 Posts
Something new thats for sure, cant wait to see how it turns out in the end.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
hahaha ninja chopper! nuts. i once saw an old steel frame gsxr1100 with the arse end dumped and bobbed, actually pretty fuckin cool....
looks nuts. bob it

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
you should rake out the front end!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
hahaha ninja chopper! nuts. i once saw an old steel frame gsxr1100 with the arse end dumped and bobbed, actually pretty fuckin cool....
looks nuts. bob it
dude, the gsxr's ALWAYS had aluminum frames

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd love to, but a budget for this project doesn't happened to exist. A taller front tire (when the time comes) is as far as I can afford to go.

I put a little bit of time into it today. Got the locations for most of the parts figured out. Still gotta decide on locations for the brake and coolant reservoirs. I found a good spot for the brake fluid res, but possibly going to delete the coolant res.

Been thinkin about how to secure the tank. A lot of people probably won't get it, but I'm thinking it would be fitting to cut all the tangs and brackets and shit off and just hold it down with a bungee chord.

On a side note, I sat on it today. With that bracket removed it's actually going to be a pretty comfortable position, as there is nothing obstructing your nuts... speaking of which... how common are carb fires on bikes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put the carbs back on. Runs better... still not great, but can't expect much with no filters and this cold weather. maybe tomorrow (later today actually) I'll secure everything and take er for a test ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts