Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Project vtr1000f reborn

17K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  t3hricardo 
#1 ·
hi, im new here and there's my bike vtr1000f 98 that i bought from a friend, well atleast it was a bike in a past :) . Im total noob, doin this kind of work/rebuild for the first time, have only house tools in my garage. So ill appriciate all your tips and help. I didn't know that ill post someday here so i dont have photos of whole event. Im somewhere in middle of my work done. So here it goes. My very own VTR.

See less See more
#11 ·
For a "noob with only house tools" you tackled this job like a pro. Nice work, hope you get her goin!!!:D

#13 ·
i did today a bit of bodywork, tank looks really nice, need to work on few details. front fender is really simple, cut from R6 fender, looks good too. but i got a bit problem with tail, its all crooked (right word?) any ideas how to get it flat? should i use a piece of wood with sandpaper?

and here's neighbours spray pistol i borrowed :p

#19 ·
guys im wondering if i should keep exhausts as they are , that mean two big cans under tail, or make one short can near swingarm. what is it going to do with sound of the bike ? will it be louder coz of changing from 2 cans to 1 can ? is sound louder when i shorten the can ? no experience with this stuff

#20 ·
The mufflers are HUGE for sure....I would cut them in half to start...and a relocation with switch to one pipe will save weight and clutter on the bike. DOOO WORK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.