Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided to get on the wagon, since i want that bike on track until spring.

So i present you my recently purchased VFR400, NC24 aka Rhonda

date proof with my work phone

god i love the old honda logo on tank...

anyway i started to do some work this week.

took fuel tank off and drained horribly smelling fuel. it could be smelled just standing by it

broke the in tank fuel filter, but it was bad already

"clean" tap

today i fixed cracks in fairings, they were "fixed" with some resin on top of it. but surface wasnt prepped. so it just popped off with screwdriver. i bought steel mesh at local hardware store to melt in material.

tail was a bit of challenge. rhonda part just dropped off, when i unbolted seat unit

i know you can still see cracks, but thats patina in my eyes :D

i also cut out new mesh to fit tail unit, because this one looks cleaner
also gaps look like a million times better now

·
V four honda whore
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stupid 20 picture rule

while i did that, courried dropped in carburetor bolts i left in Lithuania. and i could bolt the air box lower part back on it. so i can remove carb a lot easyer

bowls was disgusting. also i found jet on bottom of one

left jets in bowl of brake cleaner in hopes they will soak enough to be able to clean up.

oh also... fuel tap exit is 13mm. it looks like i will have to mode fuel lines to have inline fuel filter.
theres nowhere to buy air filter, because you know!? old JDM :D

·
V four honda whore
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
picked up a set of plugs and fuel filter. didnt got new t piece for fuel lines. was slow day at work, so i used time to change plugs on bike. i also poked all the grime out of jets. even though i soaked them in bowl of brake cleaner, i had to clean them manually. i did hovever ordered set or original size and slighty bigger one from china (it seems that classic keihin replicas has them)

i installed new Fulbat lithium battery i picked from our shelves and tried to start it...

it stalled shortly after, two floats didnt closed properly. so i'll adress that next time, had to run home.

next on task after that is
fit fuel filter
air filter mod
adjust valves while carbs will be off again

then buying parts, that will take some time, because i dont have much free funds.
i need GTS1000 front wheel. spacer made for it, 900rr triples and nissin brakes. also brake rotors.

also some other surprises

·
V four honda whore
12,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been a while. so i didnt liked how bike ran. also two floats wasnt shutting off aswell. took carbs off few times. put them back, checked plugs, put them back. front left cylinder was running a lot hotter than others. indicated to lean. ended up with, retightening all the plugs, rechecking the car boots and took the vacuum line out of equation. filled the inline fuel filter with fuel and tried to start bike. and it ran, even temperature on all four cylinders. couldnt run it for too long, because it's at storage area at my work. there's a main area behind wall :D

also i got latest order from fulbat (we are official Latvian distributors for them) and got myself a nice promotional extra

also, since i want 17" wheels on it i started to look for front wheel. i messaged my local breaker friends and asked for wheel, because i always got them from guys at 30-40euros. also this time i needed dual brake setup at 17x2.5, so i can keep original width of 100. guy asked me ridicilous amount of 80euros. i told him, that i got last one at 30eur. refused to believe and told me the prices has always been like that. so i got ofended and started to look for it somewhere else. found one in poland (i needed early cbr1000f, vfr750 or cbr600 f1) found one, with shipping slightly under 30euros. so suck it.

also placed an order for rear wheel, that is 17x3.5 from yamahas GTS1000 at 17x3.5, that was 100eur, plus around 15ish for shipping i hope.

then i'll need a spacer made and i can run mitas mc50 soft 130/70r17 and 100/80r17. the width will stay original. rear should be risen a bit to compensate for smaller overall diameter.

oh also, front wheel is 10mm wider at hub. so it's not a straight swap. eyes for 900rr triples and calipers that fits grs600r fork legs. or i should invest in triumph triples swap i have around?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts