Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're all pretty tough here, and there's more than a few mechanics, welders, fitters, turners, fabricators and engineers here. However, I've succumbed to contact dermatitis for the first time in my 4 and a bit years as a professional mechanic, and 9 years wrenching on bikes. This shit sucks. I don't know if it's the carbon fibre I'm using, the handwash I switched to, getting fuel or something on my hands, but they're basically both rubbed raw and itchy.

WEAR GLOVES. USE GLOVES WHENEVER YOU'RE WORKING ON YOUR BIKE. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKES.

Please gents, for the love of God, wear the fucking latex gloves. I can't even have a wank at the moment! Whether it's thin as fuck latex ones for the fiddly work, or some slightly thicker ones for just plain dirty work, it's always worth the time to slip a pair on before you spin some wrenches. I say it again.

WEAR FUCKING GLOVES.

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Ive worked in machine shops and coolant for a long time. That shit aint no joke. Once you develop that allergy it never goes away. I am religious about washing my hands every time i get coolant on them.
Ive seen skin so raw and cracked it was bleeding. My mom got into some sort of cleanser when i was young and she had her skin on her hands come off almost like a glove.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
I had it show up when I worked at a coffee shop. Acidic coffee and harsh cleansers. Nasty water filled blisters on my fingers everyday. My mom had it so long that she no longer has any fingerprints.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
seems to be pretty common when usin detergents or oil based shite! Like tha man said~ wear fookin gloves! I do even when handlin cosntruction materiels.
Once it has goten into yer system it will never go away,mite seem goos ferra while but always pops up evry so often.Good thred good warnin,sorry bout yer wankin issues fer sure ;)

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
even in barbering it happens. it's scary to think that you're washing your hair with it..
Barbering? That's a strange way of spelling hairdressing...

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
I still owe you that perfect #2 all over. I haven't forgotten! I got qualified finally at the end of june. now off to london..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts