Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, 200 miles in on brand new mitchelin Pilot Road2 2CT's and I pick up a nail in the rear side profile. I lose all the bank holiday riding time waiting for today to get it in for repair, so I ride the 30 miles to the workshop this morning, really gentle with the nail still in the tire to effect some seal. No probs so far till the man says "Hmmm if that aint straight through and theres an angle on the entry, the vulcanized patch won't seal it"....So I tell him to give it his best shot and I went for a smoke and a browse to kill the time. Short while elaspses and I go poke my face into the workshop and he's sorta grimacing and tuttin' and there the ohh so slowest tiny bubble gently building up through the application of soapy film over the patch. So he's looking at me and saying "well mate it's up to you, new tire or try this but be it on your own head"....I like that, sort of succinct way of summing things I suppose, but I'm reluctant to bin a brand new rear with only virgin breath on it as my funds are forward projected to other things I need. So he says you can try this if you like, It's called 'TireSlime' See link here:
http://www.slimesealant.com/product.php?product=10006

So I've gone this way and had a can of this stuff added, and now I am looking for some feedback from any of you honorable CF-ers who may have tried this (sorry abt the pun) Solution.

C'mon Back...Please. :knucks:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Ive never used it personally but Ive never heard anything bad about it.. Only horror stories about fix-a-flat.

Ive talked to a couple guys that will swear by that stuff. Fuck it, see how it works.. No harm no foul, the only thing youd lose is a couple bux on the can of slime. But if it does hold you over you saved yourself a tire.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
the way i ride....i wouldnt run a tire with a patch in it. i dont want to die anytime soon from a high speed blow out.

but if you trust that stuff....do it up.

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the speedy reply Spyder 'n Adam. Well on that I have two clear options..My machine makes [email protected] wheel so I won't exactly be frying stuff but I do love to pile it on..so I will err on the side of Spyder and give it a go for a week or two and see If this may be a nifty addition anyway to provide a little emergency back-up to get you home when you need it. Thanks fella's

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
If it was me, I would have a alot of fun burning that tire up and replace it to be on the safe side. The way I ride, the last thing I want to think about is if my tire will hold up. Smoke that bitch off and take some pics for all of us to see.:D

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
A well done patch isn't bad for a small enough hole. I'd never trust plugs or goo for bike tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts