Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, theres a local guy selling his GSXR, but its completely in bits for polishing. How difficult do you think it will be to put back together. Motor is not in bits, but forks are off etc.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Get a manual and go to town

·
Speed Crazy
214 Posts
other thing id be worried about is not having everything you need to put it together. the little brackets and things ya know.

either way if your not in a rush it would be a fun project. and you can clean and polish/paint everything as you go!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think I'd pass, for that price you could find you at least a decent running bike that you wont have to assemble. It's a meticulous process to put a bike together. If you don't have the tools it can get expensive, all the little things add up. I just don't like the idea of buying an entire bike in pieces, just kinda fishy; I've bought frames and engines separately but an entire bike ehhh... Buyer beware I think.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I think I'd pass, for that price you could find you at least a decent running bike that you wont have to assemble. It's a meticulous process to put a bike together. If you don't have the tools it can get expensive, all the little things add up. I just don't like the idea of buying an entire bike in pieces, just kinda fishy; I've bought frames and engines separately but an entire bike ehhh... Buyer beware I think.

Really good points. When I rebuild my SV it cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars in little things. Supplies and hardware...luckily I liberated most of the hardware I needed from my last job.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice much better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts