Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this neat little PVC carb stand, while lurking XJBikes dot com and I decided to replicate it in my little garage, figure i'll use it whenever I adjust the tang on the floats or measure gas level .... its pretty stury and the clamps on the bottom, allow you to loose them, and adjust the tall arm, so you can have your carbs at 90 degrees, to whatever else you want.

I can post more descriptive info if requested.

I used:
1x 5' PVC pipe
2x T's
4x 90 degree elbows
2x end caps
2x rubber couplers that downsize from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Good post!

May have to whip one of these up myself. Only question from me is what is used for the rubber carb to rack boot?

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Good post!

May have to whip one of these up myself. Only question from me is what is used for the rubber carb to rack boot?
All I see is fernco couplers, there may be more to it but hard to tell, these should be available at any hardware store.
If you know the OD of your stand you can carry your carbs in and buy adapters I guess.

Reactions: F'dup

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy crap yer bench area is spotles!

Nice rig ya set up mate
lol, its only because im not a real mechanic. Just a wannabee lol .... thought i love that Im finalllllllly starting to learn using my tools, given my bike sitaution.

check out my garage build.... you'll definitely appreciate the tool cart,table,cabinet stand, etc that I built. they are all sturdy!

http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125436

samples of what I built ( all possible because my dad is amazing and guided me while we video chat on skype from 1000 miles away- otherwise I could NEVER build anything, but I can sure follow instructions! I certainly learned along the way) ... now if I can only learn this bike. lol

both cart and table have a "floating" melamine top... so its always easy to clean and easy to swtich when it gets worn out

if anybody interested I can post DIY probably, since i took lots of pics while i built them.

i wish I could close the ceiling and add flooring... but i kind of want to move back home to FL.... miss my family and PA is too cold!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good post!

rubber couplers from Home Depot. it goes from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 , I took a razor and shimmed the end a litlte and tighten the clamps it came with and thats it. the whole thing costs ~15$ to make. the PVC pipe is from lowes and is 1 1/4 all around

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job on the garage. Hopefully I get a real job soon so I can get a house too.
its so bittersweet...avoid large lawns, TRUST ME, YOULL REGRET IT lol. If I had money i'd rip out all my grass and cement over it , then paint it green lol

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
its so bittersweet...avoid large lawns, TRUST ME, YOULL REGRET IT lol. If I had money i'd rip out all my grass and cement over it , then paint it green lol
Lol great idea, my dog would be so confused

1 - 14 of 14 Posts