Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering how important are the bushings that some risers have for the bolt that mounts them to the triple?

IE This

vs

Theres about at least 1/2inch - 3/4 inch thick of steel in the triple holes closer to the center....

Would these be safe to drill out and tap for bigger threads to mount risers?

Also the reason Im not just using those bolt holes is cause I cant find any with the same mounting. They're from LSL i believe

·
addict
370 Posts
i think the bushing are there more for comfort and vibration dampening...

my b12 has them and i can only imagine how numb my hands would be without them cuz my pegs dont have any rubber on them and cruising down the highway my feet will start to hurt and i have to constantly move around

if i rode on the highway much i think i would have to go back to stock pegs

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
I hate those rubber bushings. I remember when I firs got my SV650. It had renthal bars and one day I braked hard and the bars pushed forward about an inch. Scared the fuck out of me. I limped it home, found those stupid rubber bushings, ripped them out and quickly replaced them with aluminum spacers. Had no problems since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.