Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello mates, it s all about my bike. I got no title for it and I found a frame on ebay which fit my budget + bike model. The seller said "no title but frame has a Florida title on it with no liens . Only selling with a bill of sale". The picture got VIN # and I checked online it said the frame is clean. No total loss, recover theft, or insurance claim.
Has anyone bought a frame on ebay before ? How does paper work out ? Bill of sale is all they provide ? any issue while doing registration at DMV ?
sorry for my noob questions. :doh:

·
Atlanta StreetFighter
365 Posts
Depends on your state how difficult it will be. It can be a real pain in the ass in some states. ask the seller why it doesn't have a title. If he lost it the only way I would do the sale was if he applied for a lost title and took care if it that way. If he got it with no title then you will have to get a bonded title which will depend on where you live as to how difficult a process it will be

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The seller said he was not a original owner. So he just can give bill of sale only. Still don't understand how could he sell something which he isn't legally own it and accept to write bill of sale which just a junk paper. I think I better to find another frame with title. don't think have anychance to find on ebay
About bonded title I don't think I can get it since the seller said he wont help to get that.

Why don't you just get a title for your own frame?
It was claimed as total loss :doh: Cannot get in back to live in my state as it also was out of state bike.

·
Atlanta StreetFighter
365 Posts
Technically he can't. But if the bike truly is clear and a title was just lost and not replaced along the way then it can be bonded. Just a matter of what hoops you have to jump through. First thing you need to do is look up the prices for your state. You will most likely need a bill of sale, a cop to come out and do a vin check (fill out a form) and several forms from the insurance company that's going to do the bond, as well as a fee (usually around 100). Once all that's turned over to the insurance company they will do an Investigation to make sure it's truly free and clear. If it is they will give you a form to take to the tag office who should issue a new title in your name. But every state is different so do your research before you commit to anything

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang, I thought it was just easy to buy the frame on ebay n swap it out. That is lot of work to deal with paper. :oops:
Well, thank you for you all advices. I'd better to find the frame with title now :redface:

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Dang, I thought it was just easy to buy the frame on ebay n swap it out. That is lot of work to deal with paper. :oops:
Well, thank you for you all advices. I'd better to find the frame with title now :redface:
You can buy a frame with a clean title and swap everything. Or just register and insure the titled frame and ride the old one and hope no one ever checks the vin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts