Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here's my noob post if you want to check out my story: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2395330#post2395330

So I've got the ram air just kind of open at the moment. Planning on some kind of light mounted to the forks. My question is, is having that inlet duct not there going to mess with my speed/power somewhere in the band? Ive gone around my neighborhood & revved all through first to just a bit under redline but didnt really notice anything weird.

My reason for asking this is because Ive seen a few posts on older models where people said they had to reroute some air hoses that went to the carbs. My 2004 is Fuel Injected, would I have to do something similar? I know a lot of stunters just slap a faceplate on the front but they arent really commuting at speed or in traffic. Any input is appreciated!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Hey guys, here's my noob post if you want to check out my story: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2395330#post2395330

So I've got the ram air just kind of open at the moment. Planning on some kind of light mounted to the forks. My question is, is having that inlet duct not there going to mess with my speed/power somewhere in the band? Ive gone around my neighborhood & revved all through first to just a bit under redline but didnt really notice anything weird.

My reason for asking this is because Ive seen a few posts on older models where people said they had to reroute some air hoses that went to the carbs. My 2004 is Fuel Injected, would I have to do something similar? I know a lot of stunters just slap a faceplate on the front but they arent really commuting at speed or in traffic. Any input is appreciated!
yer ECU will compensate fer most fuel /air issues .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thats what I was hoping but I wasnt sure. Still getting my feet wet with how everything works, differences in carbs/FI & such. Appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts