Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've always loved bikes, and cars. I work at a car dealership, go to car shows all the time. Im just huge on that stuff

So I want a crotchrocket, I've riden on one. But never driven, most of my friends have them though. Not many of my girlfriends have them, so a girlfriend of mine and I want to get one. I was going to take classes, and my friend Marshall said he'd teach me as well.

Which model is good for starting out? I want something fast but durable, and woman friendly. And one that isnt too heavy. and also sleek, and nice looking

Hopefully yall can help me because I really want one

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
welcome for a rookie i would recomend and older 600cc,their cheap and its gunna hit the ground
alot of people will tell you to start on a 400 or somethin but youll grow outta that quickly

the older cbr's are really forgiving bikes ,and they are realllllllly sexy,and take alot of abuse

but what ever you decided take a motorcycle safty course,wear proper gear and ride with in your limits and youll be ok

then of course..............FIGHTER IT:metal::metal:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay you have to liek retranslate honey. all i know about is cars. im just now getting into bikes. whats the 400/600 thing your talkin about? a type of model? whats cbr stand for?

Eh im not stupid i swear lol

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
you displacment is how much power the engine puts out (or displaces)

a fairing is the plastic covering around sportbikes,it what give the bike their shape,you probally wont find to many bikes with fairig around here

and "cbr" is honda's clasification of their bike,suzuki has gsxr yamaha has yzf kawasaki zx

the cbr stands for "cross beam racer"

so a good starter bike for you would be like a r6(600cc)
cbr600 f4
cbr600f4i
or even a older ninja(kawasaki)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i love the ninjas!

Do you have any pics of those you listed?

those protective jackets, can you buy them online? and do they have any pink ones? lol

i just looked up that 600ccf4 that is nice! i love it and you said they werent too expensive?

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
My first sportbike is a '94 CBR600, great starting bike, but I mostly got it as a project. If you can afford a newer one, go for it! The 99-01 CBR600 F4i's are really nice, and pretty easy to handle. I'd stay away from the 600RR, it's too fast and nice to learn proper technique on, and it WILL go over, so get something cheaper.

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
When I stopped by a shop, there was 3 matching 07 600rr's all smacked up, looked like they all grabbed that front break in a turn while following eachother.

Before you get on a bike, definately take a msf class, they will teach you the basic do's and don't on riding a bike. Then you learn other things as you gain experience. I say shop around for a crazy cheap ninja 250. Yeah, it's not as fast as the 600, BUT, it's very forgiving if you happen to mess up switching gears and it'll help you get used to scanning the streets infront of you to avoid accidents.

You can sometimes find them from $800 to $1500 and next season, you can always sell it for the same price to another beginner. Then if you want something with extra horsepower, look at something else.

Motorcycling is a serious sport, it's not about looks and speed. Just like Green Lantern said, RIDE WITHIN YOUR LIMITS. What good is it going 150mph if you can't stop in time for a deer jumping on the road.

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
youve definatly come to the righ tplace if your lookin for riding advice
there is alot of years of expeirence here,i might be the youngest member on here,but i got more riding expeirence then most people i know
so just ask away,

allso take a look at the street riding stratgies thread

1 - 20 of 55 Posts