Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a 02 r6 tail. all of them say 99-02. the 99 and the 02 have different tail lights. but are the fairings the same

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
99-02 are all the same, with the same taillight. I have 99 plastics and an 02 taillight. They changed in 03.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 99 tail light is squarish the 02 the lights come out in circles from the undertail

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I just did some digging and the '02 models could come with either taillight, depending where in the production cycle they were made. SUPPOSEDLY for the last few months of 01, the 02s were still made with the old style, but they were updated for the official release of the 02 model. Basically leftovers from what I can understand. The plastics are the same though.

I personally removed my taillight from a bike I know for a fact is/was an 02, so it's just one of those weird things that manufactures do I suppose. We're both right :D

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Local guys who crash their shit.

The tail/subframe/seats were on a friends street R6. He race prepped it and shortly thereafter, wrote it off at the track and sold it. This stuff sat in his garage for 2 years. I made him an offer, he accepted. The taillight belonged to an eBay whore. He had an 01 R6 and he literally bought enough spares off eBay to build most of a bike. He laid his down at the track and bought a new GSXR1000. Spares sat in his garage forever and a day and I saw it whilst helping him track prep his GSXR and tossed him a $20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts