Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fight it till it's right
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to make something with 2 rotating tube and something to lock them in place.

I found this product which as the rotating tubes and a clean way to lock them that doesn't involve a bolt through the tubes.

I've tried to get in touch with the company to know where I could get the longer binder bolts, but haven't heard anything back.

I've done a quick search which only returned bicycle stuff - Anyone know where I could get custom made bolts or where to get similar longer/stronger binder bolts?

Also it's not obvious due to the black color, but they have the middle tube rotating against the other tube - I'm guessing you can turn down a bigger tube so that it 'slides' inside the tubes on each side, but is there a way to prevent them from binding over time?

Thanks for your help/suggestion

:voodoo:

ps: if someone know where I can get these custom pads made, that would be cool too - I have way too many metal pieces that end up with a sharp cut. It'd be nice to have them covered with a nice little rubber end, even if they are under plastics.

·
I'll do it........soon...
502 Posts
Buy a bicycle one, removethe long stud and replace with threaded (with matching thread ) bar cut to the length you need

Job done.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Although there are lots of words in the OP you've managed to not tell us what it is or what it is for, meaning we have no idea how long or strong it has to be.

Bicycle bits are cheap and readily available, strong "to a point". IIRC they're M5 bar which is usually fitted permanently into the cam bolt end. You can easily find Ti parts for less weight / more strength. Seat posts are M6, but obviously shorter.

·
I'll do it........soon...
502 Posts
Although there are lots of words in the OP you've managed to not tell us what it is or what it is for, meaning we have no idea how long or strong it has to be.

Bicycle bits are cheap and readily available, strong "to a point". IIRC they're M5 bar which is usually fitted permanently into the cam bolt end. You can easily find Ti parts for less weight / more strength. Seat posts are M6, but obviously shorter.
If it has a cam lock on one end, you aint going to be able to put enough force into it to need ti!

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
If it has a cam lock on one end, you aint going to be able to put enough force into it to need ti!
I've certainly bent the inner bars from over tightening them. They don't do any real load bearing work so that's the only way I could see how it bent anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts