Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's fucking dumb.

I spent a shit load of money on one... Guess what I realized? You have to be criminally insane. They sucks to ride, they blow up, you still have no bottom end, and to do it right its fucking expensive (still guarantees nothing).

Dont do it, stop asking me about it. That is all.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sir, must be new. Ex250 build, look it up

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
You sir, must be new. Ex250 build, look it up
Im not "that new". Now that I looked back at it I remember seeing the thread a couple years ago but didnt remember it as its a 2 1/2 year old thread that hasnt been posted on in over a year and a half lol. My bad I guess

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
It smells like asshole in here???

I missed you Stunt, glad you're back... ;)

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
I agree, building anything turbocharged on a budget is insanity. I blew through a few thousand in a matter of a month working out a turbo system on a car. Learned really fast that you gotta indeed "pay to play".

I found 2 very distinct things about people that can even comprehend the level of commitment to little gain a turbo system on a small bike brings.

A) You have to be well connected and know your shit.

B) You have to have money and know how to spend it in a wise way or you will end up with expensive paper weights in a huge hurry. Even if you huck thousands at the build of a turbo system, it doesn't say anything about success in the long run.

As for being insane to even try it? I gotta agree. Like I said, it takes some real commitment to little gain and alot of work for next to nothing. Only point I would have in something like that is the few hours it runs sweet as fuck and rips shit like crazy. It would be like building a sophisticated nuke device, it took thousands of hours to complete, and in 30 seconds it's all over. But could you imagine how you would feel when the desert sky lights up? Well, probably, you have built a small displacement turbo bike. ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a tad over 4K in my turbo GS build including the bike. I am sure it is not to everyones liking and I cut every corner when it came to aesthetics but it is a turboed Suzuki non the less.

·
that one legged bastard
320 Posts
Depends on what your talking little? 500-600cc? 250cc? Pocket bikes/scooters 49-150cc?

90% of the turbo bikes ive seen have been hack builds. Ebay turbos that blow up within a month or less, homemade turbo headers and intakes that look like a retarded monkey welded them, and no thought whatsoever to the fuel requirements/mapping/timing needed to properly tune a turbo setup.

As far as small turbos i wouldnt turbo anything less than 250cc, although i had a guy want me to turbo his 150cc scooter one time until he found out it was going to be alot more than anticipated since i dont do hack jobs... One thing people fail to take into account is the parts availability/support of certain bikes. Sure you cant turbo a 250 ninja but since nobody offers aftermarket connecting rods and forged low compression pistons for it(to my knowledge), then you better do your homework and see what rods/pistons you can use from another bike with similar specs on those parts if you want to keep the engine together, just to point out a couple obvious(to me) points.

Im turboing a 500cc thumper and adding homebrew fuel injection with microsquirt and ive done ALOT of research on turboing a single cylinder bike as its an entirely different ballgame from the run of the mill busa turbo setup... Ive got the turbo being built right now, a Garrett(no ebay turbo for me), the head is getting sent out next week to be CNC ported and larger exhaust valve installed, im also getting the head O-ringed at the cylinder and also at the intake since ill be running high boost.

The main point is to do a ton of research and talk to every person you can who has ever turboed anything if you want something that will stay together and be as much fun a year down the road as it is the day its built. Just my .02c

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?

:twocents:

·
that one legged bastard
320 Posts
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?

:twocents:
This is...
Id say turboing anything for under $5k out the door IS budgeting...
I have a tad over 4K in my turbo GS build including the bike. I am sure it is not to everyones liking and I cut every corner when it came to aesthetics but it is a turboed Suzuki none the less.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
This is...
depends on the bike/car:) Some bikes can handle it a lot better with little/no mods. I wouldnt spend 5k on a turbo system, but mine is possibly the slowest build in history:doh:

·
VVItapdatassVV
292 Posts
This is...
The only things that should be turbo'd run on diesel, for everything else there's NO2, Superchargers, Nitromethane and higher compression pistons. :rock:

(BTW, I drive diesels and Big-block Mopars)

·
VVItapdatassVV
292 Posts
I dont know, my turbo car is pretty fun and its gasoline:)
Once you drive a blown big block car, the rice grinders just seem like kid's toys.

Reactions: Fizzer_Fighter
1 - 20 of 195 Posts