Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before Picters and after Pictures. I was hit by a 5ton truck back in October this is is what Im working with 2006 R1 the first time posting pictures so hope it works

Attachments

·
Powder Guy
919 Posts
Where are you? You said a 5 ton you up at ft wood?

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Kansas City - having hard time with pictures have to do something diff to show progress

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple new part Having a hard time switching out the levers on the Brebooos these are a s.o.a.b to change out need to find a how to thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing like my other lever swith outs. New stunt throttle to change out the wrist turn plus the other one got ripped off. New clip ons with risers from Sick innovation awesome product. New dampner

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sent tank out to get painted and muded. I know people are going what the hell. After wreck tank was smashed in dented on sides real bad so I did some custom work on it. I know I went a little over -but owell. This tank isnt like other ones were you can just smash the whole top in. the air box is up front so I had to keep the lines up front to match the airbox cover. plus made it a little easyer to do Tank Spreaders . This isnt a cobo trick tank this is just for highways . Its a little differant but hay thats me

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleaned up the front end putting the lines behind the forks then running them up still a little more clean up to go

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Relocated the horn in the air box had to cut out a little piece in the plastic so the wires could come thru. and used a self tap to secure going to run the light wires and speedo wires thru this area

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great start man.... so im guessing no highchairs then with that tank?
I hope-so we will see when its running. I placed it on the bike and it felt fine to do highchairs it kept u snugged in . to where you could probable be at 12 and keep going but????????? . Going to try and place the speedo on the air box cover. a little cutting is going to be requires to have it sit flush so it doesnt sit up to high

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worked on the side covers to cover wires. before look on top -new look on bottom. anyone know were to get carbon coverd washers so I can replace the ones on the frame cover

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have to build a sub frame but got this rear round bar from an R6 going to have to customize it. Sick innovations has some great stuff looking to by a rear set from them that I will have to customize too so it will fit the rear sub frame

Attachments

·
Clutch it up already!
708 Posts
Digging the tank! Nice to see something different than the pounded in method.

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Digging the tank! Nice to see something different than the pounded in method.
Tank was trashed and wanted to do something a little differant wanted to test my welding skills this is my first build have a chopper frame in garage need to do a lot of chopping dont like that stretched out look

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
worked on moving the fuse box into the air inlet cavity were the horn is now. had to take off the raidey to get them in. also undid the brake lines to put on the new steel braided ones. Found out that the line I ran to the rear brake master takes a differant adaptor than the one I bought will show pictures monday.:doh:

So If You ever get a set of Brembos make sure u get the right size Banjo Bolt- threads are smaller

for the front brakes I tried putting in the banjo bolt with the 2 brake lines - wont go in -the threads of the brembo smaller than the banjo bolt I got with the braided lines. have to get another one

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Worked on the blinker system ran them on the out side of the alum grips, will run the wires thru the clip ons down to the harness. might do something differant and add end cap to them. I dont think they stick out to bad but we will see

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this weekend removed a few brackets, moved wires from side to the airbox for a cleaner look

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
worked on the placement of the speedo going to try and fit it in the lid but dont know yet. Looks alright were it is, as of now it is sitting up a little because of the bolt in the back but will go down another 1/3" plan on running the wires up thru the cavity department once I get my light housing back from being painted

Attachments

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Put one of the new Brake fluid resv on, had to do a mod on the bolt for it to fit on the rear brake lever

Attachments

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.