Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna be on the forums again... It honestly has had such an impact on my life from all the people I've met through it, just feels wrong to have left it for so long. Anyways, so I don't have much details to go into on this build yet, but it's called CLAB- can't leave anything be.

I bought this R1 fully faired with full intentions on keeping it that way and just enjoying it, but yeah that just never works with me. I took the plastics off it once to give it a full go over inspection and clean shortly after buying it- and then it just stayed that way haha stupid factory plastic packaging.

I have-
Painted the frame, and tank and started on bead blasting the swingarm but then a nice weekend came and I tossed the swingarm back on and never finished it.
Installed akrapovic headers and danmoto mid and muffler.
Dirtybar converted it.
Gsxr fork swapped it.
And now currently working at a subframe that will be carbonfiber later that supports my ass underneath a Ducati monster seat.
Oh and messing with the mt03 headlight.
--- So here are some pics

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to summit racing, ordered the right sized tbolt clamps--- they didn't give me the right sized tbolt clamps.
Went to summit racing again, got the right sized tbolt clamps.
Moral of the story? I'm gettin this thing on the road by end of this weekend!

Oh and also.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
Holy crap. I totally forgot your screen name on here lol. I was just scrolling down and was like "oh who's building an r1?"

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still working on the damn headlight mount to be a version that I like... And subframe is nearly done, got the taillight all hooked up and wired in.

Cleaned and organized with more stuff I brought in from my storage unit...
And so I bring you some pics of my happy place.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had some fun on eBay last night.... Nothing too crazy, but I want a NICE looking bike dammit.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Bleh. Wasn't liking where my subframe was headed, so just sprayed it and tossed it on the bike so I can ride again. I'll be making a better designed one now that I know the dimensions I need for electronics and everything... Still so much to do to the bike to make it be what I want.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Better picture of it. Gonna use this picture as my base of writing all the things down that I need to change on the bike to make it become a bike that makes me go "mmmph" when I see it instead of "meh".

Finally got a front fender, still needs cleaned up and painted, not sure if I'll cut it at all or not.

And sorta kinda accidentally won a newer gen Ducati monster seat, gonna be getting a cowl for it too--- I think it'll match the tank better and look more modern than a 1990s Ducati seat.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I think I'm gonna go with the newer monster seat. Should match the tank much better than the older style monster seat, and gonna be able to make a slimmer and much nicer subframe. Now just for CK187 to buy my shit, I still need a seat cowl.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry for the pretty boring build thread.... not much going on with me and bikes lately, been busy with dumb 4wheel cages.

Road it to work for a few weeks straight. But sadly didn't get anywhere near as much mileage on the bike as I normally do...moved and now am living 30mins away from twisty roads and it's just weird to not leave out my driveway and drag knee on the next corner...

Bike will be getting some changes here as it gets colder, might be in the winter build off...

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no corners...sounds like you need to build a wheelie bike ;)
Haha my supermoto is pretty wheelie happy.... I think I more so just want to make this bike something I'm happy to have in my garage and ready to go at moments notice on a bike trip with.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts