Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how to classify this...maybe streefighter/cafe hybrid. eh, whatever.

This started off as a street bike (first purchased)

moved to a track bike later on

and now its getting cut up

the front end sucks, but im working on it. I think ill move the exhaust in a tad, but thats pretty close to where id like it to sit. Tail needs some skin, but overall its pretty close to the final look, aside from the front end and a few minor bits(like the coolant overflow bottle).

Anyways, forum kicks ass! I got alot of good ideas and styles from browsing through. Definitly helped push me in the right direction...or some direction at least

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lot of good people and info here.

Bike looks good..but I look at that head light set up and think:

" Johny five, is alive" LOL :D

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome to the boards !! :knucks:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike looks good..but I look at that head light set up and think:

" Johny five, is alive" LOL :D
i know :D

its one of those 'hey, this is a great idea!'....then its like 'wtf was i thinking'

eh, the lights were only $20 at Target. It keeps me semi-legal so i cant complain

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Its all good....we bust balls here..and no one gets their panties in a bunch....usually. ;)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
welcome to the site chris

nice bike. looked bad ass all blacked out (for a FF anyway ;) )

youre headed in the right direction for sure, I would: take off the fairing stay. gotta get a new way to mount your headlight and gauges. they look weird so far away from the forks.

and the coolant bottle, spray it black if your keeping it. :twocents: that'll help to hide it.

what are you going to do for you handlebars?? clipons or ride dirty??

exhaust looks good. oh what kind of rearsets do you have on there???

glad you found us, enjoy the site!

:cfrocks:

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
at least you got somethin mean to play around with. no matter what itll be fun to ride. keep it going and you'll eventually work things out. everyone has those ideas that they think would look awesome... and then they end up... well like your headlight haha. jk man. keep up the good work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing with the headlights is that i needed something to hold to guage(s), and I didnt want to cut up the Graves Fairing Stay. So, the lights got hose-clamped onto that. Im thinking ill make something to mount the guages onto the triple and get a big circular light in place of the fairing stay.

The clip-ons....i think i might keep em. Im really debating on bars or clip-ons. I need to find someone in the area that has bars so i can sit on the bike and see how they feel before i commit.

Rearsets are Graves and the brake side vibrates like hell sometimes (leaned over @ 10k rpm). I dont know what it is, but whenever i lean left around that RPM, it vibrates really bad.

The lower is going to stay, but i need to clean it up. Saw off the mounting tabs for the upper, maybe sand off the paint and go back to the bare carbon. Hopefully I wont jack it up like i did on the tank :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright, moved the lights in, tried to mount the guages, but i just couldnt get it lookin good so im rollin with nothin right now.

Cant really decide on the belly pan though...

·
TLS Fight Time
730 Posts
bike looks sic!! I'd ditch the belly pan and black the motor out just hit it with some hi temp black and it'll look great. Lowering the lights would give it more of a aggressive look instead of the happy look. Find a local welder and shorten the subframe and that thing will look nice!!!!:knucks:

:knucks::knucks::knucks:Oh yeah welcome:knucks::knucks::knucks:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lowering the lights should be easy enough. Its just a pain in the ass since the brake and clutch lines go right through there

·
410 Posts
Lookin' like a cool project! And don't worry about the Johnny 5 remarks...I got them on here as well. I do still plan on changing my front, but not sure what with yet, and I do like the dual headlights.

As for your gauges, make a bracket that mounts to the bottom of your tree. It will bring them in closer and look cleaner...at least in my opinion. Click the link in my signature to go to my thread and you will see what I am talking about...don't really feel like flooding your thread with pics of my bike!!!

BTW, I have an R1 swinger I plan to mount to my bike...just cuz they look cool. Problem is I have to knock off the stock tabs and weld new ones to the frame. Good thing is I already have a hook-up willing to help me with that!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, i see what you mean. I hadnt really considered a screen, but that would really clean it up in front. I did make a bracket for the guages, but it was in sheet aluminum so its not quite strong enough to hold the guages. I think im going to ditch the key ignition and go straight switches.

Thanks for the tip!

·
688 Posts
Definitely looking good thus far. I'd recommend losing the belly pan, something about showing off the 4-1 header pipe turns me on. Another recommendation will be to either paint the coolant reservoir or fabricate a custom one and locate it elsewhere on the bike. Lower the head lights and clean up the front end wiring and you'll be set.

As aforementioned, the work thus far looks great. A few touch ups and you'll be golden.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts