Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am selling my 2001 R6 with a new rebuilt transmission and a R1 front end installed. I recently did a lot of work this winter and unfortunately the cam chain tensionser broke causing it to jump time. Fortunately, however, no valve or piston damage occurred. I did find that the cam journals are very worn though. I am going to sell this bike because after all the work I did it really bummed me out to find this and I just dont want to work on it. The stems have been swapped on the triples and work perfect for 99-2001 R6. I would consider parting it out, but I would rather sell it all at once. The have been rebuilt and are perfect. Let me know if anyone is interested in taking over this project. It would need a new cam chain tensioner, re-timing, and possibly a new head. $1500 for the bike, will part out if your offer price is decent.

$350 for R1 with R6 stem(includes handlebars, FZ6 brake lines, front brakes, speedo/headlight braket, hand controls, and cables new throttle)--SOLD!
$300 wheels/tires(new rear tire, front tire has 3,000 miles on it)
$250 Transmission(just rebuilt)
$400 Bottom End(pistons,trans, etc-not the top end)
$50 Chain/Sprokets(has around 1,000 miles on the kit)
$100subframe(has wheel paint on it--could be sanded off, comes with the battery/wire plastic insert)
$100 Top End(Cams, valves, etc--not the best condition Journals have wear)
$30 Wire Harness(Has been modified, the headlight and bliners have been modified)
$200 Frame/Swing arm(Frame has been painted--includes swingarm and rear wheel adjustments.
$20 Driver seat(includes bolts)
$15 Rear Seat
$40 Rear Race Fairing
$25 Stock Rear Fairing(yamaha Blue)
$20 Undertail fairing
$15 Stock Rear Tail light
$15 Stock rear blinkers and plate mount
$15 Smoked Rear tail light with integrated blinkers
$100 Brand New XG-1 Exhaust By Dan Moto(comes with all mounting hardware)
$50 Foot Controls($50 each for shift size and brake side--sold separately)

Anything elese I missed hit me up I will have it most likely.

Thanks,
Justin

How it looked before it broke down.

Wear on the head.

The radiator, exhaust, and the head is currently off the bike. I do not plan to work on it anymore. The XG-1 exhaust sounds amazing.

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,046 Posts
You have this listed on CL near KC right?

Later, Doug

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this the headlight on the bike in those pictures above?
No the one in the photo melted and this was going to be the replacement but then the motor trouble happened. So it never got mounted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts