Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well a kid i knew bought this bike last summer never had roade a day in his life. rode it the first time dropped it. it sat in my buddies garage for 6 months and someone took it out one day and droppped it again. i was helping my buddy moved and his like this r6 has got to go. i called the owner and said ill give ya $1000 for it he said okay n i took it home. at first i was gonna just fix it and flip it then i was like damn i got it good deal on this bike i think ill keep it and make it my own and rock it for awhile. well idea came to mind and changed over the weeks. so i stripped it down been selling the fairing lights forks etc. and been buying new parts and what not. so heres some pics and more info

2001 r6 after the upper stay n headilight was off

then came dirtbars 35 bucks with risers from a buddy. top triple drilled out n installed

on the bike

then bordem set in a few days later

which resulted in the chopped subframe. you can also see the shorty exhaust mocked up

then i wanted to make a custom rear fairing. it was oringally just the little tail piece all mounted and rdy but it wasnt enough so i cut the sides up and was going to molded it together like this.

i didnt like this idea after a few days. it sat way to low and wasnt feeling it. so i cut some more pice of the fairing and expoxy some piece back together for these idea.

now i just have to molded it together n what not. oh and make the brackets for the brake light again.

pic before the r1 froks n r6s swing arm

well im a craigslist hunter. i found a 09 r6r swingarm, wheel, tire, right side rearset, caliper, linkage etc for a $100 bucks

then was going to going with r6r inverted forks but i found a deal on a 07 r1 forks, triple, wheel, tire, calipers, and radial mc for $500. the top triple was a little tweeeked so im picking up another one today and going to expoy the underside holes and drill my holes out for the risers.

after so many bikes ive had a few parts gather up i also had a 06 r6s swing arm. i wanted to use this because it completed the curves in the frame. so i bought r6s rear shock pivot caps brake bracket. and goit it all installed. was amazed how well it all went together
ill have pics of today.

mock up dont make fun of my stand lol

well plans are for now to get it road worthy for spring
get the carbs syncd
finsh my shorty exhaust
finsh the r1 front
get hel brake lines
get 520 -1+2 conversion
finsh the rear faring

plans down the road.... to be cont

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
new headlight $65 already want the mt03 headlight ill use this one for a few. anyone wants it brand new with packaging $60 shipped. its the good one not the cheap one.

new vortex 16t 530 front sprocket

gauge cluster bracket/gauges on i made. gonna be making a new one now to work with the headlight. was at a motorcylce show and seen this idea of the bracket on nick apex triumph head on with zip ties :D

my son helping me work on it or maybe just scratching the paint with a screw driver lol oh well i love the fact his playing with tools just want it to be warmer out just a few more months.

every time he sees the bike or my blazer his goes zroom zroom lol

well ill get pics tonight or tomorrow of the swingarm swap complete and the r1 forks etc

thanks for looking and ill keep this up to date any advince or anything is welcomed

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dig it bud, I'd make some kinda panels for the sides of the seat IMO
In panels do you mean with or without the rear fairing? N panels on the subframe like to cover the triangle gap?

I was going to do that if that's what ya mean then put the fairing back on but still might fill it.

This is what it's going to consist of but with the the r1 front n r6s swing arm n this rear fairing but molded together etc might even be cf lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Thanks man. Giving me that headlight lol
im kinda thinking about selling mine. its a little over done at this point. sooooooo many fighters have them, im looking into using projectors with a small fiberglass screen (for both bikes)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im kinda thinking about selling mine. its a little over done at this point. sooooooo many fighters have them, im looking into using projectors with a small fiberglass screen (for both bikes)
Yeah I understand that. But i have never seen that headlight Or even a fighter for that matter in surroundings areas to me

How much ya want for it

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Yeah I understand that. But i have never seen that headlight Or even a fighter for that matter in surroundings areas to me

How much ya want for it
when i decide i want to sell it for sure, youll be the first to know, i never even got to ride a bike once with it on (functioning)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found a Corbin seat for my bike should I get it? I like it but ifk of its worth 80 bucks!?

Tomorrow I'm picking up my top triple tree. So the front of the bike should be done n together unless I relocate the ignition.

Wedesday I get the 05 rotors for the front guy gave me the 07 rotors n they are 5 or 10 mm bigger.

Also wedesday or tomorrow ill get my wheel tape to cover up the orange pin strip on the rear wheel.

Got the bike on the ground tho today n it's def 5/8 highest or more in the rear but a soupy lowering link will fix that. But damn the 05 r6s shock is so much stiffer. Pictures hopefully tomorrow

1 - 20 of 83 Posts