Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Probably only the guys who entered a house....

:D lol...

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Guys with the house won't bitch ��
Still trying to figure out how to get a house to do doughnuts...Lol

Looking forward to seeing the cart finished mate...

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
Anyone going to complain about this build having four wheels?
It's got two sidecars? Awesome!!!!!!

But seriously, if you take that thing to anything close to the engine's limits, you have more guts than I do. Said the guy planing to take a home built front end on the highway as a daily ride.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's only geared to top out at about 85-90mph so it won't be too crazy.

Reason I named it Project Curb Rash is because if you biff a curb with this thing you are pretty much done for.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,518 Posts
It's only geared to top out at about 85-90mph so it won't be too crazy.
Seems pretty crazy to me... no suspension, right? Tiny little wheels, inches from the ground...

Then again, I suppose it's meant for track use, and they have better pavement than you see in daily life.

·
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems pretty crazy to me... no suspension, right? Tiny little wheels, inches from the ground...

Then again, I suppose it's meant for track use, and they have better pavement than you see in daily life.
No suspension
5" diameter wheels
1.5" ground clearance

This is a whole new ball game for me. I'm used to working with car and bike chassis and suspension. With this thing the chassis is the suspension. If I brace it too much for the extra engine weight and torque then it won't flex and will lose grip. If I don't brace it enough then I'll break things. Axle diameter plays a large role in rear stiffness and how the kart handles in a turn. This is a older chassis so it has a little 30mm axle and two axle bearings. I'm thinking I'll have to add a third bearing and maybe step up to a 50mm axle too. Lot's of variables that go against conventional chassis bracing logic.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
The clutch is the hoop under the steering wheel? Do you not like the clutch where it is? I thought most people tyr to get the pull as light as they can and mount a regular mc lever on the shifter.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
The clutch is the hoop under the steering wheel? Do you not like the clutch where it is? I thought most people tyr to get the pull as light as they can and mount a regular mc lever on the shifter.
That's what I was thinking too, most people end mounting it to the shifter.

The way you have it. Does it turn with the wheel?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
The way you have it. Does it turn with the wheel?
That was my question, what if ur hand is in the front of the wheel and u need to pull the clutch?

·
10,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The clutch lever turns with the steering wheel and to turn lock to lock you only move the wheel about 30* to the left or right of center. Since you barely have to turn the wheel you never have to reposition your hands on it and that's why the clutch lever can stay in that same spot in relation to the wheel. I'm fine with where it is located because I have long arms and need to put my hands at 2 and 11 for it to be comfortable.

I do plan to make it easier to pull. The stock clutch lever has a 4:1 leverage ratio and this shifter kart lever I bought has a 3:1 ratio so it is harder to pull.

I didn't want to put the clutch lever on the shifter because I was thinking you'd have more control over it if it was on something solid like the wheel. Figured if it was on the shift lever and you are trying to feather the clutch so you dont lock up the back wheels on a downshift and then hit a bump there is a chance you might end up shifting it too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
im a lil late on this but cant wait to see this thing done maybe ill get around to doing mine then we can race. I got two shifter frames that I bought a while back ago just for something like this I just need a powerplant for it. I olmost wanted to dump the f2 motor into it but decided to do a fighter. so get r done so we can see some donuts

1 - 20 of 35 Posts