1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it may be possible but its easier to swap the whole fork leg. k3/k4 1000 legs work. i believe the lower tree needs to be shimmed, the rotors need to be shimmed out. the calipers need to be shimmed out (5mm possibly?) cant remember for sure. this should help a lot
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/suzuki-tl1000r-tl1000s-forum/95228-definative-fork-swap-chart.html
Yeah I read that one and others yesterday. Problem is in my nick of the woods those legs cost anywhere from 300-400€ per leg. And I'm not to sure about shimming the fork thats kinda dangerous isn't it?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
plenty of people do it. i havnt heard of one failure

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i dont know about longer forks. i know that the k3/k4 1000, the k5/k6 1000, and the k6/k7 600/750 fork legs are whats used the most.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
With the shims you'd be using the tl wheel. Not sure about axle. Look at that link I posted. It has examples of what you would need

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah true I would need the axle from the donor for the forks. But where can I get the fork triple shims?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
found them on TLzone

also is it possible to swap the fork sliders from the K4-5 600/750? they use the same spring diameter same slider diameter. i even read of a bunch of guys on the zone who swap the 20mm cartridge out for the 25mm from the tl. so technically i should be able to just swap the sliders with the feet to save the stress from trying to swap feet, and save my wallet for swapping the whole fork

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
im not sure honestly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts