Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a front end I'm building up in my garage at the moment.
It's a 2006 D6F ZX10R front end. As far as I'm aware, all the Japanese radial calipers are the same spacing between mounts and some require spacers if larger rotors are used.

I'm just fishing here, looking for the best calipers for the least cash ideally. Post up what you've got and how much you want - GSXR, ZX6R, ZX10R, R6, R1, CBR, etc I don't care!

Open to whatever colour calipers and such, just trying to keep cheap :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been offered a job lot deal on another site

Including shipping, I've been offered
ZX636B front calipers, stock line, MC and res
ZX626C front calipers
Zx636B rear caliper, stock line,MC, and red

$200 including shipping, sound a good deal?

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
No. Not unless you need those specific parts. I recently scored a full front system off an 09 zx6r for $125. If you're upgrading your radial brakes you definitely want the black nissins. Zx14 and 08+ zx6r

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What if you consider that I'll make half back reselling the C calipers? UK prices seem a lot higher on eBay than USA prices

I've not actually got any radial brakes as yet, the ZX6E stock front end I have now is running some.old Blade Nissin 4 pots.
When I read up I heard the B brakes were among the best ZX brakes and seem to be often fitted to later bikes.
Is the B a radial master cylinder?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If theyre gold tokicos they're shit.

Shit as in "oh dear I'm not slowing down" or shit as in the newer brakes are just better?

Bear in mind that early 90's blade brakes.seem to be well sharp to me because I haven't ridden anything better

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Shit as in "the first thing somebody performance oriented does with a 636 or first gen zx10 is the nissin upgrade"

They'll stop you but it'll always feel spongy.

I sold the ones that came on my 05 636 front end for forty bucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shit as in "the first thing somebody performance oriented does with a 636 or first gen zx10 is the nissin upgrade"

They'll stop you but it'll always feel spongy.

I sold the ones that came on my 05 636 front end for forty bucks.

Ah right.

By eBay rates I can make more money back if I sell them all off over here so seems safe investment.

Pretty certain they'll be better than my brakes at the moment as they're 90's design.
I was under the impression that the C calipers were different and not as good (hence their lower eBay price compared to B)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for your input on the subject though!

I've worked out after selling what I don't need I'll have paid nothing for the brakes anyway - I'll get at very minimum £60 back for the C calipers, and about £60 for my ye olde blade nissins and conversion bolts. I've just sold my ZX9 MC for £40, so that puts me at £20 up. £120 is about $200 right now)

Think I might end up looking at nissins like you've suggested though, are CBR ones good too or just late 6R?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.