Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building a sf out of a CBR1000rr and am trying to find info on an Aluminum Radiator Overflow Tank. I really like the one with the in line and out line on the bottom of the tank that they sell on ebay. My issue is that on the Cbr the in line is on top and the out is on the bottom. I also noticed that the tanks didn't seem to have a breather line. Would using a 2x10 tank with the lines on the bottom and no vent line be an issue?
Thank you for all the info.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It makes no difference. The "out" line is only there if the bottle over-fills and pukes it out onto the ground. This is also the vent line since it is open to atmosphere all the time- the bottle is not pressurized like the rest of the cooling system.

The "in" line can be at the bottom of the bottle, or it can go in the top (and the hose extends to the bottom), doesn't matter. Heat/expansion/pressure pushes a little coolant past the rad cap and into the bottle, as it cools, vacuum draws it back in. So it's relative height and position doesn't really matter either, as long as the "in" hose can draw coolant out of the bottle.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I will warn ya that with no vent line if it gets real hot it will puke coolant on your boots!

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,966 Posts
If you still have access to your oe overflow you may want to check the effective volume too. On my triumph I've only got like 10oz of volume before it starts overflowing. A big container is not always needed.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
post a build thread of your cbr. also ive always liked mounting overflow bottles under the fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts