Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GURU
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my radiator is damaged beyond repair on my 2006 GSXR-1000. I found a real good condition 2007 radiator for a decent price. My question is will a 2007 radiator work on my 2006? I looked on a diagram on ProSource Motorsports and they seem to look very similar. Also will my 2006 fan bolt up to the 2007? cuz it doesn't come with one.

2006 GSXR1000 radiator:

2007 GSXR1000 radiator:

Thanks!

·
407 Posts
they look identical. as long as they have the same fan mount location and thermostat in them they should be basically a plug and play swap.

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
If that's the drawing number on the diagram, then yes since it's the identical drawing. If not then no.

Find out the part number and compare. I'm going to go ahead and assume they are identical.

·
890 Posts
I assume you have a K6 Gixxer? The diagrams are for K5 and K7 (but seeing they look identical, I'd assume a K6 would be too).

The only difference in the diagrams appears to be the bottom mount bracket, although it looks like it mounts the same to the radiator. And the fan looks identical too.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i would say YES... but i'd like to check part numbers nonetheless.

if youre gettin a smokin deal, buy it, worse come to worst, you'll make money on it.

:twocents:

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
You can pick up brand new or like new 06 rads on e-bay for $150 to $200. The 07 does look almost identical to me though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts