Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part Muffler Vehicle Exhaust system Automotive exhaust
I see some members had ram air questions. On my TL1000R I attached the stock boot with 3 sheet metal screws and made a bug cover out of some left over rain gutter covers from when I put on my new roof. Then I attached them with a few rivets. I don't notice any difference in power untill I'm getting near lose your license speeds. Hope this helps.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
always lookin for more ideas for this ailment. thx for the post.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
yeah thats cool, did you see my post, Im playing with them now my self, what did you use for mesh

Open holes in the frame or, the cut down intakes, Im think Im gonna get them remade out of SS tube

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brit, I used leftover rain gutter covers. I have a bunch if anyone wants some. Send me your address i'll send you some.They are are made of black painted wire mesh. It's easy to form but pretty stiff and holds it's shape.
Killer

·
410 Posts
I didn't put an extension on mine, but I found that a rattle can top was just shy of the size of my hole. So I drew a circle on an old JBL speaker cover (prolly worth more than the bike at this point!), then a larger one with a roll of tape. Then I cut out the larger circle, and cut inwards to the inner circle. I put the grill back over the can top and proceeded to bend the tabs down the side. It then slid into the hole like a glove. And it ain't going nowhere!! I will probably take some black caulk to seal it in completely after I paint the frame.

I did have to cut the tubes down because they stuck out past the hole by about 7". Mine already has a little extension at the frame, and being as the ram air doesn't really kick in until triple didgets, I figure it is prolly more for looks anyway!

And yeah, I am going to cut the stock tabs off...won't be anything to attach there anyway!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts