Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
YamahaHooligan
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after nearly 2 years of not accomplishing anything other then collecting parts im finally getting this old bastards back on the move!
Rambo is a totally different direction from my "minimalist" build. Complete overhaul. I've grown in taste and skill since I first joined here, so hopefully that will be reflected in this time around...
Started with

Since my time and resources are limited, I have commissioned some of the machining out to a buddy to get the chassis into a roller again.

Here's what I have:
89' Yamaha FZR600 frame and motor
03' Suzuki GSXR 750 Forks (thank you again UF!!)
??' YZF600 swingarm
02' Yamaha R6 rear wheel/caliper
??' Suzuki SRAD front wheel
95' Kawasaki ZX7 front calipers
83' Suzuki GS1100 tail fairing
02' Yamaha R6 header
07' Yamaha R6 shock
Assorted parts from Green Machine Customs...

It left the house looking like this

More in a week or so once I have the roller back!

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Muriatic acid is the way to go to strip old chrome. Should be able to find it at most home improvement stores as concrete/masonry etcher or pool cleaner.

·
YamahaHooligan
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know UF! Got sick of seeing it hanging in the basement.

As far as cafe look, not really the direction im going. The task cover is actually from an FZR400. Nicer lines/angles then the 600.
Im going to slot the tank in the front to resemble the Yamaha M1 tank... not nearly as cool, but hey!

Should have some time tomorrow to setup my drill press and milling table to start skeletizing the front sprocket cover

·
YamahaHooligan
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So spent lots of time doing domestic horseiron around the house today. Did get to pick this addition to the shed up though

Spent time filling that, and figuring out which tools stayed in the track box...
Pulled the ZX7 and little 2stroke out for my son too
.. good times had by all...just no work done on sprocket cover

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
URL="http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1818097#post1818097"]http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1818097#post1818097[/URL]

When you use the insert link thing in the post, change the stuff in red to what you want the link that you click to say...

EDIT: remember too on the controls harleys have 1" bars, I've made spacers to run 1" controls on 7/8" bars but it's not really a good option,,,

·
YamahaHooligan
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So still waiting on the bike to get back from the shop...do started working on my shop

After modifying the Harbor Freight 20 ton press so that it actually worked did this just cuz

Have to set up my drill press and milling rig...its ghetto but works...i guess

Starting a new job on the 7th, where I will be properly trained in welding, so excited for that. Machinist buddy said should be soon on the rolling rendition of the frame

Stay tuned

·
YamahaHooligan
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Well here's an actual update!
Most of the rolling parts have been sorted. Waiting to get it back from the shop still.

Recently purchased a Mikuni vacuum fuel pump, not sure if ill use it or how it even works, but its a good back up when the electric one shits the bed.
Also picked up an Ignitech cdi
I just need a computer now so I can use the thing.....

Debating using the gs1100E tail still or using a cbr tail...I have an r6 (1st gen) tail at my disposal , but I feel like that's been done

1 - 20 of 44 Posts