Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a young man sell us a 06 r6 with like 2000 miles on it he has done a bit of work and so on to it and it looks and runs great and i can get it for 2600 buck cause i work here .... but as always there is a catch it is the Japanese r6 the guy was military bought it there and shipped it state side... so it does not have a title and is not able to get a title in the us... witch brings me to my issue i need a r6 frame with a clean title... anyone out there have one floating they might be willing to part with?

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would make a great track bike and my boss bought it from him for what hes willin to sell it to me for thats why im tryin to find a frame on a tore up bike...

·
Operation Sketchy At Best
2,237 Posts
bikes worth jack without a proper title... offer him 500 cash
$2600 with no title is not a bad deal at all. There are companies online who sell frames with titles. A friend got a new cbr frame for around 800 bux with a clear title. Also that guy who claims that story id be skeptic, when you get a vehichle over seas and bring it here that shit is too easy to square away. This is all handled through your PCS /TDY/ TAD..my .02

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
$2600 with no title is not a bad deal at all. There are companies online who sell frames with titles. A friend got a new cbr frame for around 800 bux with a clear title. Also that guy who claims that story id be skeptic, when you get a vehichle over seas and bring it here that shit is too easy to square away. This is all handled through your PCS /TDY/ TAD..my .02
Wouldn't the bike need the federal emissions tag to get it registered Stateside?

Wouldn't all the military guys be bringing over the older Skylines if it was that easy?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Id look harder into getting a title. If you defiantly can't get a title look for a frame for cheap or sometimes you can find someone selling a title. Is it a r6 or a r6s?

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
r6s and the title thing i didnt hear the whole story but basicaly he had the paperwork to bring it over but somehow was missing somthing i dono the bike isnt road legal but ive rode it and had all my guys in the shop look it over dont forget i sell bikes at a motorcycle dealership he sold it to the dealership and im getting it for nothin from the dealership he had financed it thru navy fed and we got the stuff they had but because it was over seas when he bought it he didnt get a title ... i have found frames in good condition on ebay and such but there not titled frames i have never gotten a bike titled so i dont know what all goes into it...

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hold on the r6s its just a r6 not a s had to go look again ill see if i cant get some pics up for yal

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
That's a lot of fooking stickers....

Does it have a vin? Can't the dealership apply for a lost title? My bud thy runs his own shop does it quite often. As long as the vin is clear and legit. Which, if the PO 's story is true, id say that vin is clean. Have to be if its never been in the system, right?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
id say that vin is clean. Have to be if its never been in the system, right?

'Clean' and 'legal' aren't quite the same. The vin almost certainly would flag as not belonging to any series reserved for mport-legal vehicles from that maker. Which probably could be resolved with an inspection though - can't be worse than trying to register a home built vehicle.

Its also possible that it was in fact stolen in Japan, loaded on a container ship, and brought to the US...

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Very true. My line of thinking was that they'd run the vin through the system and see that it had no flags as stolen, liens against it or registered/titled to someone else. That's pretty much the dealio here. I don't know if they ever try to determine country of origin or if they check any global wide stolen vin documents or not.

I really don't have a clue :D

Strange situation for sure, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i also was given a idea from a lil birdie (thx lil birdie) ... finding me a wreaked sport bike round the same year with a title as cheap as possible and just title'n it as that bike.. posablly not the most "legal" way to solve it but then since alot of jap bikes are not street legal in the us due to engine restrictions and so on the the us has it woulnt be "legal" anyways....

and all you grammar and spelling nerds shut it......

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
i also was given a idea from a lil birdie (thx lil birdie) ... finding me a wreaked sport bike round the same year with a title as cheap as possible and just title'n it as that bike.. posablly not the most "legal" way to solve it but then since alot of jap bikes are not street legal in the us due to engine restrictions and so on the the us has it woulnt be "legal" anyways....

and all you grammar and spelling nerds shut it......
Gotta be REAL careful with that shit... I've had cops check my VIN on more than one occassion to make sure it matched...

I'd say, give the guy $2k, buy and eBay frame for ~$800... do the swap, then sell the Jap frame as 'track-only' for a few hundred... A couple of weekends, some elbow grease, and a little fucking around... you should have a ~$5k bike for ~$2500... Then I'd sell it and prove to my wife that I'm not lying when I say there's money to be had doing shit like this...

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im lookin into everything i dono yet it could be a good project to play with that finaly i can do one from start to finish by myself lol

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
buy an r6 frame

then someone skilled like roman could cut the head tube and swap the new one on, bam bike matches and you're legal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts