Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been caught only once in my TL fighter, and she hates the rain. I was worried about electrical bugs going haywire, but in fact it was the filter. I sucked up enough water in about 5 minutes riding in water kicked up from the road after the rain to turn my air filter to shit, and make it run like hell for half an hour... only fixed by a scary ass 80 mph ride down a twisty highway.

My question is... has anyone thought up a solution to the amount of rain water sucking up into the airbox?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
perhaps you could cover the intake with duck tape and make a similar sized hole elsewhere on the box.

other than that I have no idea. figured most 21st century superbikes ought to be engineered to handle some rain. A pity if that bike gets waterlogged by design.

some of these older suzukis. heavy duty reliable as they may be... still dont quite have that "we though of every damn thing" honda fit and finish.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
some of these older suzukis. heavy duty reliable as they may be... still dont quite have that "we though of every damn thing" honda fit and finish.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts