Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Quackenbush Qustom
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name says it all. Raptor 660r with a tired motor. Another local bike shop had a cb1000 being parted out but I thought it was just tooo big. I want the machine to still be a fully functional atv when it's done and didn't want to cut the frame. I saw an fzr600 in the corner and the motor looked like the perfect size and shape so after some convincing he sold me motor, carbs, harness, gauges all for 300$.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After initial test fit I was able to see a few skid plate mounts and other unnecessary tabs for optimum fitment. And it does settle in there nicely. All shimmed up and ready for motor mounts to be made. Will need a way to fit side drafts instead of the stock down draft carbs.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To answer the Dr jelly finger I plan to do everything with it. I am eventually going to make and adjustable hight suspension so I can go from trails to track in minutes. After I get some use out of it it will get a turbo so I'm going to build the current exhaust with future turbo plans in mind. I originally didn't think I would be able to jump it on account of the extra wait but when I pick up the stock single cylinder it feels heavier then the 4 cylinder. I told my father and he said no way so then he picked up both and he also says the 4 cylinder is lighter. So I should be able to gap them triples ��

·
Quackenbush Qustom
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Motor officially mounted. To solve my down to side draft carb problem I am going to use the bs36 carbs off my turbo fj since that's gone way of efi. The band saw blade broke on me while cutting tube for making 90° carb manifolds. Will grab new blade from tractor supply in the morning and hang the carbs should have it running tomorrow. There will not be enough room for an airbox or even pod filters. Can anyone recommend a good material I can use as filters that I can source locally? This machine will see a lot of dirt and dust. Here is a pic of motor mounted.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately it looks the outside carbs are going to be about half inch from frame so I'm thinking some kind of foam wrapped around each carb held by hoseclamp or ziptie

1 - 20 of 65 Posts