Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My return to 4 cylinder bikes is a hell of a story but I'll spare the words and just say as much as needed. After talking to Rob for some time now, sharing war stories, and just shooting the shit I asked if he would mind if I used his "roadeater" phrase on my current build as this bike is my return to big bikes after my Bandit 1200:fu: did the "road eater" deal in early August of 2008.

Here is the runner that all final fitment will be done to, the parts bike is the test bed for the modification and will eventually be parted out once I'm finished with it. ;)

The main focus of this build is to closely replicate the styling and sheer brute of the Predator 750 from Road Rash 3D:

It is WELL on its way!! Mock fitment is going well and things are looking like they will be pretty simple to fit and finish on the bike. I'm getting pretty stoked as I only spent a few hours digging through parts and messing with things and the swinger and wheels fit perfect, it won't take much to convert to the GPz suspension and wheels. Lots of ideas on my mind and I just don't have the time to bring them all up right now. Like I've said before, summer is super fucking busy for me and I'll have more time to shoot the shit later this year.

I'll post the updates as they happen, I have a busy 3 weeks ahead before FF10, alot of work to do on the roadeater, waiting on brake pads for the CB RatTracker, gotta paint Zed, and that is just the beginning!! I have no idea what I'm going to do aside from work, work, work.

-RatFighter

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
NO ****,I luv this guy lika liddle brother!( hes probly way taller than me tho ha ha )

Ratty and Toc are jus fookin brilliant :D Def' CF island blokies :LolLolLolLol:

Lookin forward ta another awsome job mate .

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
YES! Fucking love where this is going Rat!
When I get my hands on a thermo-nuclear device and turn Australia into a Mad Max wasteland, bring your bike:D

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Later today I have a date with a hammer, a Honda gas tank, a Ducati S2R seat, some GPz parts, and a notepad. I'll get some pics of it when it moves further. Should be snowballing pretty quickly after the developments of this evening. ;)

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doin' Work!!

Chopped that shit right the fuck off! :rock:

Gonna use the VF500 skin for the KZ tank. :D

A few mock fit pics.

I feel like this right now:

*Whoohoo! Whoohoo!*

Oil cooler, head lamps, gas tank, subframe, wheel spacers, cush drive machining, and a gasket set and this beast should be finished by January!! Hopefully in time to put some spikes in the tires and ride wheelies at the February radar drags on the ice! ;)

-RatFighter

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Dude, how did I miss this build? Sick bike man, cant wait to see what you do with it:thumbsup:

I was just thinking the same thing, had this bike on my mind since the late '90's. Can not wait to see this up and running Rat!:party-smiley:

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbsup:

Hell yeah guys! I'm getting pretty stoked about this build myself as it's taking shape more and more, the planning stages are pretty much complete and it's down and dirty time.

I have a buddy that nearly lost his life on a KZ550 and the look in his eyes when I told him what I aquired for dirt cheap with a parts bike along side it, I almost sold the damn thing. And I've had a few offers already too, one riding buddy has a friend looking for a bike, another guy was asking about the CB and then noticed the KZ and inquired on it, but...

I just gotta do what I gotta do. And I can't afford a Buell XB9 (more or less what the Predator 750 was based on) so I have to use the Ferrari like sound of the KZ motor to make up for the small differences in styling from the Predator to the replica I'm building. Either way the engine blacked out with a polished lip on the cooling fins will be more than enough to set it off the right way and take the focus off the small differences. Not to mention the tank is nearly identical in appearence on the KZ to the Predator 750. :D

Once I get some more done and my GoPro gets here I'll take some flattering pictures. ;)

-Rat

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
*Whoohoo!*
Fark yeah. But I don't like the chances of me having that nuclear device before you're finished:D
Dammit, I want the Mad Max days to be here. We would fuck everyone up and steal their supplies. Yeah!!!
Err, carry on...

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:wtf:

This VF500 tank is taking ages to dry out! I wanna cut the damn thing up so bad!

On another note, it's pretty much getting there. I don't have any pics at the moment but the tail angle is pretty much set, just gotta start fabb'ing a subframe for it and off we go! :D

It's slowly getting there though, been too damn hot to work for the last few days.

-Rat

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I've been grabbing parts off the shelf left and right I seem to say "You have got to be fucking kidding me!!", more and more. I just can't believe how much stuff we have on the shelf here that just bolts right the hell up. I'm starting to feel like this bike was just meant to be.

A spacer from the GPz centers the wheel perfectly, I just need a dust seal for it. The other side just needs some length turned off it to fit the wheel perfect.

Can you believe it? I'm not sure I can, even though I bolted it on, it still doesn't make sence. Lego's, I fuckin' swear it.

(GPz600R Caliper, mount, etc. all fitted perfectly without hassle!)

Even the damn swinger, once I get the dust seals for the ends of it, that's finished.

I got this freebie from my bro, awesome guy! Rep the shit outta TocTuning if you see him around, he is one hell of a good man!

I also mentioned to a few people that I'm using the VF500F gas tank shell as a skin for the KZ tank. Check out the fitment! It's bloody perfect! Just gotta cut the bottom of the VF tank out and start working it onto the KZ tank.

I also have a few oil coolers now, we'll see how they fit pretty soon and start getting the lines sorted out. It may just be cosmetic at the beginning, but I assure you that it will function by the end. Aside from the layout diff. of the engines this bike is getting to be closer and closer to the Road Rash 3D bike. :D

-RatFighter

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
this is EPic THread Twenty Ten Material like i thought it would in our secret Pow wow Session...

Reactions: RatFighter

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
WHAT!? YOU'RE CHEATING ON ME NOW!?

i am still watching this, cant wait to see how it turns out man.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts