Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to start a new thread instead of continuing to talk about my bike in my introduction thread.

Here's what I started with

here's a pic of what it looked like towards the end of last year

here it is a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since that last photo, I have installed the carbs and pods, painted the headers in high temp black and switched the bars out to some black ones i had laying around

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Looks real good! Two questions...... can you see at night with that headlight? How loud is that exhaust?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to answer you seriously though, the headlight seems ok, I have both bulbs running at all times. I haven't had a chance to ride it in total dark on a country road by myself yet.
the exhaust is obnoxious. I only have a 2 1/4 x 5 baffle in it with hardly any packing (the header is 2 1/2 so that tells you how little the baffle does)

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Sick as always, I love FZ1s! Do you still have the carbon shorty pipe?

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
That bike is tight! Magazines always gave them great reviews. Glad to see you much improved upon the somewhat blah stock look. Keep us posted!

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
ravenfz1 said:
Since that last photo, I have installed the carbs and pods, painted the headers in high temp black and switched the bars out to some black ones i had laying around
You took off the bars I sold you already lol??? You've had them on what.. a week or two?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
When I get my new triple clamp crown I'll probably go through six or seven handlebars before I get it right.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
bike looks great!!

thats a dark dark bike! EVIL!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
spyder said:
You took off the bars I sold you already lol??? You've had them on what.. a week or two?

I had them sold and shipped them out the same day I got them :D
They were only on long enough to get pictures :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I picked up a set of 05 R1 end cans with race baffles today for $75. I already shaved all the heatshield and mounting brackets as well as sprayed them with primer. Also fabricated a Y-pipe. I won't get a chance to work on the bike again until thursday night (when my jet needles finally come in) to finish up the midpipes.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haelo said:
Damn dude, you mean you were dealin with people about the bars before you even had them?
Nope, sold and shipped same day I got them (technically they didn't get picked up by my UPS driver until the following morning though). All my UPS comes before 930 or 10am.

What? trying to make me look bad? :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
endo said:
Sick as always, I love FZ1s! Do you still have the carbon shorty pipe?
It was a black painted D&D, if I did have it, you wouldn't have wanted it anyway-sounded like crap :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's the start of my dual exhaust and my $13 shorter dogbones :rock:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts