Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Fucking Retard
255 Posts
Good progress,
You need to loose the rear end, here's pics of my black VFR, latter model with the monster seat and sub frame that I made, CBR 954 forks, etc
You can relocate an after market oil cooler to between headers and use stick coils to eliminate the large frame mounted stock, rear brake line thru the swing arm.
Check out any of Sebspeeds work here or VFR discusion, I borrowed a lot of his ideas, but nowhere near his standard.
Sub frame that will fit a standard battery is a lot smarter than the anti gravity, even though they are super small, super light and super exensive
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades

(20mm gal tube)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good progress,
You need to loose the rear end, here's pics of my black VFR, latter model with the monster seat and sub frame that I made, CBR 954 forks, etc
You can relocate an after market oil cooler to between headers and use stick coils to eliminate the large frame mounted stock, rear brake line thru the swing arm.
Check out any of Sebspeeds work here or VFR discusion, I borrowed a lot of his ideas, but nowhere near his standard.
Sub frame that will fit a standard battery is a lot smarter than the anti gravity, even though they are super small, super light and super exensive View attachment 152891

View attachment 152892

(20mm gal tube)
Looks Sweet Bonehead! Yes 100% going to loose the rear with a custom subframe and Yamaha R1 seat.

I did read about Seb's coil on plug conversion. There was a lot of talk about compatibility and measuring the resistance between the primary and secondary windings etcetera, but there sounded like it wasn't that straight forward so I wasn't 100% convinced that it all worked out. I have some R6 coils here that are too long as standard to fit but with some modification to the rubber boot could possibly be made to work. I think I'll keep it simple for now with the stock coils.

I have 3d printed some different designs for a bracket to hold the coils within the frame (photos below), but I haven't landed on a preferred solution and I might need to make some new ignition leads for them to fit properly.

Gas Auto part Machine Electric blue Metal
Bicycle handlebar Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle fork

Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood

I did remount the two front ones to the left side of the engine (you can see them in the photo below). I've also relocated the oil cooler to below the radiator which works well enough for now.
Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

The rear brake line through the swing arm it a top idea. The brake line and the OEM chain guard will look really goofy with a more slimline rear end.

I agree 100% about the battery, it's great to have a micro battery hidden away, but being able to fit a standard battery is pretty sensible. The width of the frame where the subframe bolts up is 170mm apart to maintaining enough width to fit a 150mm wide battery shouldn't be too hard I hope.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts