Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Beginners Guide

Hello everyone.im obsessed with bike and planning to get a project bike between 750 cc to 1000 cc. Which bike from the 80's will anyone recommend? Do I have to visit a bike workshop or i can make it all happened in my own garage? As I'm hoping to transform it an eye catching bike sort of racer sporty look

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts

Honda CB's and Suzuki GS's are great platforms to start from, both offered in a range from 750 up to 1100cc as well. Most stuff you can do in your own garage, but if it requires welding or major engine work you may want to take it to a professional if you aren't comfortable with digging that deep.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts

Welcome to the CF!

CBs or KZs are good options based on what you've said. Getting it done on your own all depends on your willingness to learn and attempt new things. Do it, you'll love it!

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,269 Posts

80's bikes? CB, KZ, GPZ, GS

There's no sense in looking elsewhere

Welcome to the big show

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts

Welcome to CF

Everyone should own a CB :rock:
THE heaviest engine i've ever fucking picked up.

I like my kz's, cb's,and suzukis. The cb's are cool and have the most aftermarket support

It really doesn't matter what you start out with. Any old bike can have character added easily AND the suspension sucks ass, just plan on changing all of it.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts

Welcome!

You can have my CB.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

THE heaviest engine i've ever fucking picked up.
No doubt! lol . A complete SOHC CB750 engine weighs right at 230 lbs. My whole damn KLR 650 is only another 100 lbs :LolLolLolLol:

Damned if they don't make a beautiful sound tho. But then again, all the old school engines had a great sound to them. More of a powerful howl vs the zingy scream of the new shit.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts

Well that was fast.
Eh, I haven't decided if I want to keep it or not. There's a few things I'd want to change if I keep it, and it's really just a question of whether or not I want to do the work. If there's someone out there that really wants it, they should have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts