Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total n00b question. I have an R6 shock for my build. It's a little rough, I wanted to take it apart to clean it up but I tired searching the Yamaha forums and just searching in general and I don't know if I'm wording it wrong or what but I cant find jack on how to take it apart. and its driving me nuts... all I want to do is clean up the body then clean up and paint the spring. I feel like I know how to do this but this is completely new territory and i don't wanna mess it up.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Does it need to be rebuilt or just cleaned up?

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cleaned up, however I bought it in unknown condition and I mean it "works" but I've never had a shock like this so I could think its fine and really its not ya know? its foreign to me so I have no clue what I'm doing lol I would like to learn how to disassemble it but also getting more info on the inner workings of it would be nice. I watched a couple videos on you tube about adjusting it and few other bits but nothing super detailed. Half the fun of the builds

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
What year r6 did it come off?

Idk of you said it but it shouldn't be to hard to take the spring off and just clean it up. I never done it I know a couple guys on here have with putting different springs on different shocks. The last time I bought a shock it was already rebuilt by racetech with a new spring. If you have the extra $$ I would just send it off to be rebuilt and it will come back all shiny

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either 08 or 09. In theory no it's relatively simple but I'm not sure what exactly to do because knowing my luck it'll go south quickly. I've considered having it sent out to be made pretty badass but I wouldn't mind figuring it out for my self though. It'd be neat honestly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts