Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
The bike is 90' gsx600f. I have an 91' gsxr swing arm on it, and I want to put gsxr 750 K9 rear shock which is 10mm longer then the original 300mm shock. it's a tight fit between the upper mount and the rocker but I got it in. but now I can't make those arms that connects the rocker with the swing arm fit, it misses the hole only by a bit and if I compress the shock it will definitely align but then when it will be free those links will touch the swing arm. when the motor will be on the bike it probably wont touch when it sits but my concern is that i'll hit a bump on the road and it will slam against the swing arm and cause a damage.
should I grind the swing arm to make some space over there?

·
GSXLowww
5 Posts
Contact soupys performance. Get yourself some adjustable dog bones. Send him an email with your situation. Those things are great and not that shit aluminum knockoff stuff on ebay

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Contact soupys performance. Get yourself some adjustable dog bones. Send him an email with your situation. Those things are great and not that shit aluminum knockoff stuff on ebay
Since the dogbone is hitting the swingarm at full droop the adjustable bones won't help here. Honestly at this point I wouldn't be too worried. If you still have contact once the motor is in and it's at full weight I might be concerned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked out soupys, pretty cool but pricy, as has been told, I can buy another shock at this price, maybe two. but thanks!

blensen,
I think you are right, I want to see what haapens after i'll put the motor in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, problem solved, kind of...
i tried to put it together in a different order. i connected the rocker to the chassi-> the linkage to the rocker-> the shock to the rocker -> linkage to swing arm-> shock to upper mount with a little effort and that's it.

the linkage still touching the swingarm but nothing siriuos.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two washers, 1mm each. One on each side of the swingarm.
I have changed the linkage as well. Maybe it will work with the stock one but IDK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts