Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Rebuilding 92 gsxr forks

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  myth44 
#1 ·
I am rebuilding the forks that I am swapping onto my bandit before the swap and I was wondering if I should upgrade the spring while I'm inside of them and is there anything else I should upgrade internally while I have them apart.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
A spring swap certainly won't hurt. But I say unless you're doing track days or super aggressive riding the stock internals are fine. I bumped up to RaceTech 0.95kg/mm springs in the same front end when I swapped it into my '89 Gsxr.

Later, Doug

Reactions: myth44
#8 ·
I'm also debating new springs for my 1992 gsxr 600. I bought a 2006 gsxr rear shock because the stock rear shock damper seems pretty useless and it's non rebuildable, but I'm reluctant to swap it in without also increasing the front spring rate. It seems like they should work together and be close in spring rate.
I'm trying to find out if I can use springs from a later model gsxr in my forks, but I can't find any length/diameter information to see if they will fit.

#9 ·
What did I do wrong?! So these form were rebuilt in ~march and I finally got around to swapping them on to the bandit, but the rebound seems extremely slow. When off the bike: I can compress them and the rebound is pretty slow. When on the bike with weight of bike resting on them: if I compress them rebound is almost non existent. It comes up a little but not all the way. Do you think it could be the valve or maybe the new springs I put in the forks? Please help. I have half a mind to take them to a shop to do a proper rebuild

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.