Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
my master is in the recall but i dont have the title for the bike so dont think ill be able to do the recall haha

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Fuck that. Makes do it anyhow. They know what they look like.

·
Registered
740 Posts
my master is in the recall but i dont have the title for the bike so dont think ill be able to do the recall haha
I used to work at a Suzuki dealer, not an issue. All they need is the VIN to type into suzuki connect.

It was a commonly known issue for gixxers to develop a spongy front brake over time. Not a total loss by any means, but if you cracked the little bleeder on the master you'd get a bit of air then it would be fine again for a while. The air was coming from somewhere, and now we have the answer.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
From what I read it was from them letting moisture in. I ended up getting a brembo master and calipers from an r1. Problem solved

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
so, will this likely affect other bikes as well? im sure suzuki doesnt make their own masters, do they?

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so, will this likely affect other bikes as well? im sure suzuki doesnt make their own masters, do they?
That was my first thought too. Nissin makes them, so wouldn't all Nissin M/C's be messed up? And the answer is no, because Suzuki specs their M/C's and Nissin produces them. So it's only for the M/C's that Nissin produced for Suzuki. It's a problem with the way Suzuki wanted them, mounted them, etc.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
I really think it's the resi or the line they use that let's moisture in. Mine gave me problems until I switched resis

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
299 Posts
Awesome, I haven't had any problems with my brakes going soft on my 05 600 but the fluid in it has maybe 3k miles on it as I had to put brake lines on the bike when I bought it but shit; why pass up a free brand new brake master cylinder that the shop puts on for free?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts