Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im building an SV and I just bought a buell headlight for it. Im shopping around for a bracket that mounts on the fork tubes and theyre all going for over $100. Is that shit normal? I havent been here for a while so please excuse my ignorance. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Im building an SV and I just bought a buell headlight for it. Im shopping around for a bracket that mounts on the fork tubes and theyre all going for over $100. Is that shit normal? I havent been here for a while so please excuse my ignorance. Thanks guys
I made mine out of a spare lower triple and a couple pieces of sheet steel. Works pretty well.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
That's completely normal. I had the same problem. I wound up making mine out of some 1/2" aluminum flat stock. It was only 1/16" thick so I was able to bend it by hand using a piece of PVC that was a fraction smaller than my fork legs. It turned out really good and they are just as sturdy as the ones you buy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made mine out of a spare lower triple and a couple pieces of sheet steel. Works pretty well.
thats a good idea. thanks dude

That's completely normal. I had the same problem. I wound up making mine out of some 1/2" aluminum flat stock. It was only 1/16" thick so I was able to bend it by hand using a piece of PVC that was a fraction smaller than my fork legs. It turned out really good and they are just as sturdy as the ones you buy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

haha i should have known you guys dont buy shit pre-made and make everything yourselves. Im gonna swing by home depot later. thanks for the directions. could you post a pic of the finished product?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i decided it would be easier to make for shrouds and weld my headlight mounts to them

·
Registered
173 Posts
denniskirk has some ok fitting universal ones for 14$ but.....
making it yourself is cheaper and you can make it to fit any headlight you want. The stuff I used was from a military pack frame and it was way too thick but it worked.
its an 06 GSXR headlight and bike is a 95 vfr750

1 - 7 of 7 Posts