Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I juse shaved 2 inches off my stock bandit seat and Im stuck on the best way to recover it.
The reason I started this was a tear in the front( and I wanted a better feel) I dont think I can get the old cover back on because of the shape.
I was going to try heating it up for more flexibility but I didn't want spend the time if it wasn't gonnna work
Any help w/ this would be great

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
i was just going to do this tomorrow its pretty easy man i personally would try to use a bit of the old pattern or shape of the fabric you took off make is easier for part of it now i am hopping you smoothed the foam out after the cut if you did aces bro just pretty much just trace the fabric you took off onto new vinyl almost any will work i try to go for something that isn't too thick but will still take a beating. after that cut out the pattern obviously the part you hacked two inchs wont be the same but kinda just judge it and get out the blow drying and start givin er about 3/4 - 1" overlap on the underneithe is recommended. the back curves might be a bit of a bitch but just keep work the angles also some spray 3m adhesive does come in handy

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
albertaf4i said:
i was just going to do this tomorrow its pretty easy man i personally would try to use a bit of the old pattern or shape of the fabric you took off make is easier for part of it now i am hopping you smoothed the foam out after the cut if you did aces bro just pretty much just trace the fabric you took off onto new vinyl almost any will work i try to go for something that isn't too thick but will still take a beating. after that cut out the pattern obviously the part you hacked two inchs wont be the same but kinda just judge it and get out the blow drying and start givin er about 3/4 - 1" overlap on the underneithe is recommended. the back curves might be a bit of a bitch but just keep work the angles also some spray 3m adhesive does come in handy
:wtf: You can't do that untill monday !! hahahahahahahaha

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
how bout some pics of your dog to entertain us until then?!

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
and ya i didnt do it yet im waitin till monday my seat was already ripped apart before i entered

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
you never said what kind of doggy that is wolfy. fuckin cute tho!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
so back to topic.

anybody got a how-to or pics of recovering a seat?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
if you feel so inclined....be my guest.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
this is me asking nicely! Perrrty please tell us how you cheated in recovering your seat. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts